Full exhaust open air box ? - Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com
Engine/EFI/Drivetrain Discuss engine, fuel injection, air intake, and drivetrain modifications to your Can-Am DS450 in here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-26-2018, 07:01 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation Full exhaust open air box ?

Hey guys recently bought a 2014 xmx and I tossed a Rossier full system exhaust on it. So I understand I do not have the unlock-able stock pink wire map in the ecu, so I am curious what i can do to go about adding more fuel. I wanted to stay away from the blinky boxes, I did look into the R111 race ecu but then I read I need a bigger TB, Injector, exhaust cam swap, BCS intake. My plan is to just leave the Rossier exhaust on it and take off the air box lid. I have read about guys adding just the Green Injector and that alone will compensate for a pipe and no box lid. Im just curious how many have tried this and if it works or will i need some way of programming the fuel trim to compensate. Yes i did do a search but it seemed like every one dead ended before actually saying if the Green Injector was enough without additional tuning.. Thanks for now!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-27-2018, 05:30 PM

Liked: 4 times
Honestly, dyno it. See what your air-fuel mixture is. Build your own success story.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-08-2018, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator

Liked: 24 times
Since R111 Ecu is not your option because will need to many mods, my suggestion is Rossier Full Exhaust, open airbox without lid and just a fuel programmer, Power Commander 5 is under 300$. Vortex is more expensive. Also FMF and others make a fuel mapings (and Motoworks did in the past).

Honestly I don't know if green injector will be ok with your stock engine only with full pipe, maybe you'll need at least high compression piston and someting else or you're adding too much fuel.

Youtube Channel Quad
http://www.youtube.com/user/alexraptor350
Index of Service Manuals
http://quads.ddns.net

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com > Can-Am DS450 Tech Discussion > Engine/EFI/Drivetrain

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in