Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner

any ideas for a group buy items?

9K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  kevinds450 
#1 ·
i would to see what ,or if anything that people would like to see in a group buy ill do all foot work to get it set if i can

any ideas?

#2 ·
Extra set of rims is always nice! Steering dampers! the Possibilities are endless man... Those are 2 things that everyone can use though.

#4 ·
Ya. Not many people seem to be posting much right now... maybe give it a few days and see what other people reading this thread think.

#5 ·
I'd say a Pipe or an intake but it seems like most of you guys already have a system you like.

It would be nice if we could do a group buy on oil and oil filters or something like that. People really always need that.

#10 ·
I dunno How great of a deal you guys think your gonna get with oil and filters... unless maybe your talking about the XPS garbage. Oil is something that unless you all want your sepaate 50 gallon drum of it, you probably would be better to each buy a case of 12 from somewhere.

#12 ·
Well if you buy the XPS garbage that they reccomend they are both expensive. I have yet to find after market oil filters for it but let me get on that and i'll post make and part number.

#14 ·
xrider, just curious why you say the xps is garbage? It seems pretty bad that they call it summer grade (really you can't put 5W-40) and use it for all their vehicles, but i have no reason to say it is garbage.

What oil do you recommend?

I finally found the number for the oil filter: 420256455

I'm not sure if we could really get much of a deal, but it never hurts to ask.

#16 ·
I just am not a fan of the XPS stuff quad racer. It is all preference, but when ya change your oil with that stuff in it after warming it up just a bit, it pours out like water. . . not very viscouse especially for MX riding which I do.

Another reason why I'm not crazy about it is cuz Can-am recomends that you use the XPS stuff... but also recoment fully synthetic, which the XPS summer is not. . It specifically say Synthetic blend, meaning semi synthetic.

The oil I am using is semi synthetic as well as that apparently is better for the clutches. I have been using Belray's ATV racing 10w 40 semi synthetic oil in all my race quads, which is designed specifically for High abuse ATV use... Where as XPS oil is more of a general oil which BRP uses in its atv's watercraft, and Can-am spyder.

If you are riding hard, my experience has showed that thinner oil isn't such a great idea. Driver 311 even runs heavier oil than me... He swears by Rotella 15w 40 or 50 I believe. Its completely preference but I can't justify spending 7 bucks a litre more for an inferior oil.

There's my oil rant lol.

#22 ·
hell yes!!!!!

#21 ·
wish i lived in the U.S., needing all of the stuff commented so far, cheaper oil and oil filter, steering stabilizer and the list just goes on and on, way too expensive to buy and maintain a quad in Brazil.... you guys have no idea the paradise you all live in! lol!

#34 ·
Eu vivo em Moçambique , Africa, imagina isso , mas eu comprei minha mota novinha por 8000$ novinha mesmo na loja da can am , ano passado , eu mando vir coisas da net e sai muito mais barrato do que ca , por exemplo escape da motoworks slip on nao o g2 custou me quase uns 700$ , e eu mandei vir agora o G2 full por 460$ shipped com a BCS , recomendo te usar o scotts stainless steel oil filter se tiveres preguica de comprar toda a hora oil filter , este nunca mais deitas , e so limpar com carb cleaner , 64$ shipped para Moçambique , imagina ai em Brazil deve ser muito mais barrato o shipping !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.