anyone have to deal with motor mount bushing issue? - Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com
Important Information How-to's, install guides, tech advice, and reviews of aftermarket Can-Am DS450 parts.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 02:27 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 3 times
anyone have to deal with motor mount bushing issue?

So, i am finally ready to put my engine in my atv again and the new bushings that go in the mount holes in the block are so small they are going to slop around. Even though the part # for them is from my 08 model the ones that come in when ordered are the updated ones for the newer blocks with smaller holes in the mount to prevent cracking.

Has anyone had to deal with this? my block is fine and no sign of issues. I also just rebuilt the bottom and top end twice and am not even going to consider getting updated engine halves. I would really prefer not to get that shitty overprice kit the service bulletin has where i have to order almost $300 in the new rubber mpunt with some sleeves. Has anyone found a sleeve size for just filling the gap so the new bushings fit?

any response would be great. as unlikely as it seems to get a response from any but 1 member of this board lately.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 02:39 AM Thread Starter

Will the 2009 spacer fit in the hole of the motor mount or did the case hole size change before then? it is looking like it will only be $50-$75 for the update to the 09 spacers and bushing.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Liked: 28 times
I don't know if the 09 will fit. But here is what I would do. I would take damn good measurements and have a machine shop build one for me. Or take the engine to the machine shop and let them work their magic.

If I remember correctly, the bolt would bind and break the engine case.

The one I'm thinking about is where the swing arm attaches, if I've got the wrong one let me know.

08 ds 450
Motworks SR4 G2
BCS Intake w/ KN airfilter
Pink Wire Mod
BCS Basket
Epic a arms w/ kyb remote ressi shocks
XMX rear shock
XMX stem and bars

Sig worthy quotes:
I know I'm going to Hell.

Now it's just a matter of go big or go home.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2017, 01:33 PM
Super Moderator

Liked: 24 times
first I thought you're talking about the upper engine mounts, I've broke very often, also the the little spacers, but are inexpensive and light aluminium.

But seems you're talking about the large bot that attach both cases with the swing arm

So when you order a BRP part they always send the updated one, even if you has the old cases.

If you're racing or jumping will crack your cases soon or later in stock 08-09. If your're doing trails is another history.

https://www.ds450hq.com/forums/engine...nt-update.html

This is another option:

https://www.ds450hq.com/forums/engine...html#post79186

Here's the bulletin:
https://www.ds450hq.com/forums/engine...html#post58263

Youtube Channel Quad
http://www.youtube.com/user/alexraptor350
Index of Service Manuals
http://quads.ddns.net
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 02:47 AM Thread Starter

Thnaks for the replies. I ended up using the 09 metal bushing. It fit pretty nice and tight and came with 2 orings ($16 each) 1 for each side i guess they are there to dampen vibrations. I did apply the loctite retaining compound as manual asks. It seems solid and all came together great. However i am mildly concerned that since i have just started hitting the track and may eventually race that the case may be in jeopardy of cracking. I am also sure that being that i am not a very light rider will not help things either. Below are some pics to show how the 09 spacer fit in.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-31-2017, 10:40 PM
Super Moderator

Liked: 28 times
Keep the bushing lubed with ant seize. This keeps if free to move around and spin. This will help prevent the cases from cracking. This info came from CANAMRACERDAD. He was an old mod and his son raced competitively.

08 ds 450
Motworks SR4 G2
BCS Intake w/ KN airfilter
Pink Wire Mod
BCS Basket
Epic a arms w/ kyb remote ressi shocks
XMX rear shock
XMX stem and bars

Sig worthy quotes:
I know I'm going to Hell.

Now it's just a matter of go big or go home.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com > Can-Am DS450 Tech Discussion > Important Information

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in