Ds450 decision problem - Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com
Member Introductions Just registered? Say hello to the DS450HQ community! Tell us about your ride and where you are located! Did you just pick up your Can-Am DS450 and your ready to show it off? We want to hear about it!

User Tag List

2Likes
  • 1 Post By alex-ds
  • 1 Post By Rocketman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 1 times
Ds450 decision problem

So in about September i picked up a 2009 ds450 from Philadelphia for about $2000. I'm happy with it but it annoys me that there are missing and mix matched bolts and all in all it just looks beaten. It also has a crack in the case that has been jb welded, and the front part of the frame is bent but i can just bend it back. I want to race xc soon and i need help deciding whether i should sell the ds and get a newer or atleast cleaner model like 2011 and put stuff like a pipe and efi controler and what not. Or should i just take the ds i have now and redo the whole thing and go over every nut and bolt which i think would be more expensive. Any input that can help me decide is very needed, thanks

Last edited by Rocketman; 03-31-2016 at 10:58 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-31-2016, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Liked: 24 times
Well, just depends on your money bucket.

2011 and upper are better (updated cases, less electric problems, etc) for sure, but more expensive, of course.

The crankcases welded can last... but just check you have the new spacers, rubber bushings, rubber ,mounts and a threaded sleeve in swing ar on the swingarm or will break again.

https://www.ds450hq.com/forums/engine...html#post68725

Also for the front part of frame bend, I will recommend, cut the rivets and put new parts o reinforced parts from ccuter aka Troy Barker. Don't bend it back or will break for sure... aluminium is lightweight but tends to crack easily. Replace it!
cccutter likes this.

Youtube Channel Quad
http://www.youtube.com/user/alexraptor350
Index of Service Manuals
http://quads.ddns.net
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-01-2016, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

Liked: 1 times
Yea i know any metal looses its strength when its bent back and all of that thanks for the input this really helped.
cccutter likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 11:24 AM

If I were you I would sell and go with something you know doesn't have issues, but most likely can't buy a quad like that for $2,000

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com > Can-Am DS450 Headquarters > Member Introductions

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in