User Tag List

1Likes
  • 1 Post By wadesdynasty

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 08:49 PM Thread Starter

Liked: 3 times
Moving to North Carolina

Hi all,

I am currently living in New Jersey (the worst state ever for motocross), and am considering moving near Raleigh NC.

Just wondering if anyone is from near Raleigh or knows if it's a good quad friendly spot to move to?

I looked at the surrounding tracks and it seems theres MANY, but I have never been to any of them and just wondering if this is THE place to move if you want to take motocross seriously..

Any advice?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2014, 09:41 PM

Move to Danville va. Lol and it's so many tracks around here. And in nc. Most are quad friendly

2014 ds450xmx. Sponsors: Bcs performance. Rossier engineering. Fly racing. Oneal clothing co. Lonestar Atv. Fox racing shocks. Bagbe heating air. Era realty. ENS graphics. Pro taper. Msr clothing. Mom and DAD and GOD. Let's go SHORERACING #2 and little bro #22
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 12:07 AM Thread Starter

Too cold lol. I am looking to move somewhere where I can practice almost year round. Also close to a major city. No doubt VA is better than NJ.

How many months a year can you practice in VA?

I did some homework on NC near Raleigh there is 18+ tracks to attend within a 2 hr perimeter! That is some serious amount of tracks. About 11 of them are quad friendly...

But I been to a grand total of 0, that's why I ask ...

PS
Just looked at map and yeah it's pretty close to NC...so I guess it's pretty warm there too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 06:21 PM

Liked: 1 times
moving to NC

its a great place to move to, there are alot of riders in the surrounding areas and we also have Busco Beach where people travel from all over to ride.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2014, 09:24 PM

Busco is awesome.

2014 ds450xmx. Sponsors: Bcs performance. Rossier engineering. Fly racing. Oneal clothing co. Lonestar Atv. Fox racing shocks. Bagbe heating air. Era realty. ENS graphics. Pro taper. Msr clothing. Mom and DAD and GOD. Let's go SHORERACING #2 and little bro #22
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 04:07 AM Thread Starter

Does it have an MX track?

How many months a year are MX tracks open in NC? In jersey it sucks it's only 6 months of riding but the first and last month it's usually raining too much to ride..not to mention we have a whopping 1 track in all of new jersey!! and that 1 track allows quads only 4 times a year, LOL.

LOTs of traveling, lots of fidding around with the quad, lots of staring at the quad, but very little riding...

I'm over this weather and jersey in general. I'm going next week to NC to check out some places hopefully I end up buying something
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3r0Eff3ct View Post
Does it have an MX track?

How many months a year are MX tracks open in NC? In jersey it sucks it's only 6 months of riding but the first and last month it's usually raining too much to ride..not to mention we have a whopping 1 track in all of new jersey!! and that 1 track allows quads only 4 times a year, LOL.

LOTs of traveling, lots of fidding around with the quad, lots of staring at the quad, but very little riding...

I'm over this weather and jersey in general. I'm going next week to NC to check out some places hopefully I end up buying something
yea it has a track n lots of trails. YouTube Busco Beach bunch of guys have posts.

Last edited by wadesdynasty; 04-12-2014 at 09:12 AM.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 12:36 AM Thread Starter

I'll add it to my list.

Question #2, do you guys think it's better to live near Charlotte or near Raleigh??
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-13-2014, 10:43 AM

moving to NC

if you plan on doing alot of riding and traveling to Busco Raleigh.Raleigh is less than an hour plus has places to ride of its own. Charlotte is on the opposite side of the state.
Z3r0Eff3ct likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com > Regional Forums > Mid Atlantic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in