Pull rod length - Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com
Suspension/Steering/Chassis Discuss major suspension, steering stem, chassis and similar modifications to the Can-Am DS450 here.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 10:21 AM Thread Starter

Pull rod length

Does anyone happen to know what the length of stock pull rod is, I've been running a modded one that was on the quad when I got it and it seems kinda long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 01:46 PM

Liked: 3 times
You probably have a rocket ron lengthened pull rod. He modifies it to be longer and places the quad perfectly 7" off the ground as the quad sits a bit too high with the stock pull rod length.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 10:40 AM Thread Starter

At the very back of the belly skid, closest to the swinger, I'm at 7". Does that sound about right or should I measure from a different location?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-30-2016, 09:58 PM

If you're riding MX the general rule of thumb is that you should be at approx. 7" at the very bottom of your frame where the nerf bar pegs are with you sitting on the quad. So sounds like you are just about there so I think you're good.

I can measure my pull rod length tomorrow and let you know, I have the lengthened pull rod. The rocket ron lengthened pull rod is about 3/4" longer than the stock one.

Last edited by Z3r0Eff3ct; 04-30-2016 at 10:00 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2016, 11:32 PM

Btw, is your modded pull rod welded by any chance? If so, I'd recommend you not use it. Yesterday in MX track my modded pull rod broke and my suspension fell out on a double. Not a pleasant moment, I can tell you that much.

Apparently, a common issue with these quads and pull rods and seems the Walsh pull rod is the way to go if you don't want to get yourself hurt.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com > Can-Am DS450 Tech Discussion > Suspension/Steering/Chassis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in