What is the best type of Suspension ? - Page 3 - Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com
Suspension/Steering/Chassis Discuss major suspension, steering stem, chassis and similar modifications to the Can-Am DS450 here.

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 12:24 PM

Does anyone try out Pro Air Custom Axis? I donīt have a clue about their performance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 01:12 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DS19 View Post
Rocket Ron does custom suspension work. He will get ur stock shocks riding on par or better than fox or elka. If you are on a budget send them to get rebuilt.
ive ridden rocket ron xmx re-valves and as good as there are there just not fox evol good sorry

but for xmx shocks they where great stock re-valves from ron. and if i had stock shocks again i would send them to him again.

but as good as fox evols ...no

post #23 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 02:18 PM

Liked: 1 times
We run Fox on the front. The stock rear on my son's x mx works great for him (he is 125lbs) but it seems to lack a little thru the whoops, as I am typeing this he is putting a Fox on the rear and he is also putting an elka stage4 for on mine(I just bought used). Doing the work is also giving him the chance to take my motoworks linkage, anyone have one for sale?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 08:22 PM

Its all about spending the time adjusting the shocks. it took me a solid 20 hours of ride time to set up my XMX's, and now i am setting up my elka stage 5's and i have 4 races on them already and they are just now getting close to perfect for me..definitely easier to adjust though and very forgiving.

Cant even count how many times ive seen people go to the ER because their shocks are poorly adjusted and kicked them funny off of a jump or bump

NEATV-MX #300 4 stroke A & Collegeboy
2010 Ds450: BCS "shorty" race motor, R111 'Lambo'...Yeah its fast
post #25 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-30-2012, 11:42 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Skelton View Post
Its all about spending the time adjusting the shocks. it took me a solid 20 hours of ride time to set up my XMX's, and now i am setting up my elka stage 5's and i have 4 races on them already and they are just now getting close to perfect for me..definitely easier to adjust though and very forgiving.

Cant even count how many times ive seen people go to the ER because their shocks are poorly adjusted and kicked them funny off of a jump or bump
It took me a year to really figure out what i wanted for my setup. Like not checking tire air pressure before adjusting shocks.

post #26 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 08:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to blaster99
If you want good shocks at a good price, send them to rocket ron. His work is really good. I would strongly suggest considering his work before making a decision. He is very helpful in making the shocks he will build for you work properly.

I'm surprised no one has said he should get Elka stage 5s lol. I had them, I loved them. I'm running Fox now, but not on a Can-am. I hate them. They body roll bad going into some high speed corners. If I bump up the evol pressure or compression any more they become so stiff I feel every single bump out there.... my stock XMX set up worked better haha. Bottom line is the pros will run whatever is given to them. Those guys are smart and can get just about anything to work right because how much experience they have. I just don't like the foxes.. I don't like how they work, and I also don't like that every moto I have to check my pressures before I go out, but if my quad sits in the sun, they are all off and I'm screwed...... great haha.

Neatv-mx #99
2009 Production B Champion
2010 Production A Champion
2011 Production A, 4 Stroke A

Looking for new or used DS parts? http://stores.ebay.com/Sprocket-Cycle
post #27 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster99 View Post
I'm running Fox now, but not on a Can-am. I hate them. They body roll bad going into some high speed corners. If I bump up the evol pressure or compression any more they become so stiff I feel every single bump out there.... my stock XMX set up worked better haha. Bottom line is the pros will run whatever is given to them.

Exactly what I said..
post #28 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 10:15 AM

Liked: 1 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotturban54 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaster99 View Post
I'm running Fox now, but not on a Can-am. I hate them. They body roll bad going into some high speed corners. If I bump up the evol pressure or compression any more they become so stiff I feel every single bump out there.... my stock XMX set up worked better haha. Bottom line is the pros will run whatever is given to them.

Exactly what I said..
Why are you using the evol chamber to fix roll? Shouldn't that be the main chamber? I thought the evol chamber was only for the last part of the compression stroke "bottom-out"
post #29 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 10:58 AM

Send a message via AIM to blaster99
I pump the main chamber up and the front end pushes in the corners because the ride height is at 9 inches. I'm confused on how to make these work, but oh well.

Neatv-mx #99
2009 Production B Champion
2010 Production A Champion
2011 Production A, 4 Stroke A

Looking for new or used DS parts? http://stores.ebay.com/Sprocket-Cycle
post #30 of 32 (permalink) Old 06-01-2012, 12:14 PM

Body roll was always An issue with foxe floats. I think the pros have something hanged to minimize body roll. spring shocks have much less roll.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com > Can-Am DS450 Tech Discussion > Suspension/Steering/Chassis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in