What is the best type of Suspension ? - Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com
Suspension/Steering/Chassis Discuss major suspension, steering stem, chassis and similar modifications to the Can-Am DS450 here.

User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via MSN to casper
What is the best type of Suspension ?

Peace upon you God's mercy and blessings

Dear brothers
I want your advice

What is the best type of Suspension :

fox or elka for racing ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 04:42 PM

Neither. If I were you I would look into custom shocks. SHocks that are built specificaly for you not just pulled off the shelf and sent to you. I would look into PEP or motowoz. Most will agree they are the best. Fox has a lot of hype and has very good sponsorship oppurtunities so they are very popular. But if you are wanting the best and your budget is not small I would do PEP or motowoz

HOME - SF Racing

Motowoz Performance Systems
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-26-2012, 07:31 PM

Have me do your stock shocks for the price of one after market shock. My set ups win championships all over the world...GAME ON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 12:55 PM
Retired Moderator

Fox shocks are hype??? Your crazy. I agree pep shocks are very good shocks. But fox shocks "evol" are very nice shocks for the money and are very adjustable and if tuned right are very smooth. .... But hyped ... Not really. Lets see 2500-3000 for top of the line pep's or 1100-1400 for evols ??? You decide.

post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 01:02 PM

ask anyone what they think about their rear fox. Most will say it is not on par with other custom companies. Fox told us all their rear shocks have the same valving. We were having a set serviced at lorretta lyns and asked if they needed revalved and said Fox rear use all the same valving unless you are over like 250lbs. Thats why all the pros running fox are not the same as the ones everyone els buys.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 02:01 PM
Retired Moderator

Rear shocks , yes pep makes a great rear shock. But i was talking about front shocks. I just dont see the great improvement a set of pep front shocks make for the extra 1500$?
Over fox evols.

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 02:33 PM

I'm not saying you need the pb1 or even pep I we just trying to help. Custom shocks are the way to go. Motowoz are a little easier on the pocketbook. Fox shocks along with Ella's come straight off the shelf. Motowoz pep are custom. Set up down to the pound. What wheels you run and and what your bearing carrier is set at. It is crazy precise. If you are on a budget I would look into getting your shocks redone. Talk to cccutter. He loves his revalves. I would just look into more custom options other than shocks that come off the shelf.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 02:34 PM

You gotta pay to play.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 06:08 PM

Of course the pros are gonna have the best stuff. I love my fox evols, but I am still trying to set them up.

CanAm DS450:

Fox Gen 2 Floats
Rath Bumper, Nerf bars, Grab bar
Works Connection clutch perch
Easton bars
Precision Clamps
SSi Graphics
Motoworks G2
DWT Champion in a box & V4 Tires
Rebel Gears sprocket
CR21 Performance Pull rod,master cylinder protector, & subframe/hip braces

THANKS TO: L16Films,CR21 Performance,DWT Racing,Matrix Concepts, SSi Decals, Amped Apparel
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 05-28-2012, 11:13 PM

The pros run fox's because thats who cuts them the best deal. I was a C class rider only doing a few nats and fox offered me a killer deal who wouldn't take it.

And gregory your theory of pricing is way off, PEP rear shock is within 100 dollars of fox rear shock.... Fox front Evols are 1495.00... You can get PEP pb1's (the best model) if you go without the rebound knob for 1525.00... Okay its 2 Grand if you want the rebound knob, But right on the web site it advises you not to mess to much with the rebound knob and honestly out of the people on here who has shocks with rebound adjustability who honestly does a whole lot of changing on it? I know I don't on my foxes.

Motowoz is cheaper then both fox and p.e.p and is close if not spot on with performance of the p.e.p

To add to this, I have had a fox rear shock, fresh rebuilt for me and it wasnt very good, fox fronts arent bad at all but they need to get there rear figured out or just not offer one.

All the pros run them so the world assumes they are the best... Yeah that is hype..

Upperman Runs P.E.P as does Byrd and Many other pros.. Yeah Weinen and Hetrick are the fastest guys in mx this year and yeah there on fox, but they would still be the fastest whether they were on elkas, axis, or any of them, But fox is who cut the the deal with the Can-am factory team and with the Walsh ride Weinen has,

The fact is Fox Shocks is who is throwing out the Money and the deals so yeah you see a ton of them. Doesn't mean they are the best shocks.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com > Can-Am DS450 Tech Discussion > Suspension/Steering/Chassis

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in