Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check engine light came on tonight, I noticed the fan was not running so I’m guessing this is the problem. But, where can I find what one blink of the check engine light means.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Check engine light came on tonight, I noticed the fan was not running so I’m guessing this is the problem. But, where can I find what one blink of the check engine light means.
You may want to verify whether the fan still functions at all or not. This would rule out a thermostat issue. Unplug the CTS (green plug) on the right side of the engine. It's on the cylinder head. Turn the key to the on position and wait... After a few seconds the check engine light should come on and the fan should turn on as well. If the fan doesn't turn on during this procedure then you're looking at a problem in the fan itself and not in the thermostat etc.

Just a little tip... in order to get the CTS sensor plug removed with the RH side frame member still in the quad you can just flex the member out slightly with a good tug to make enough room... just be careful and you won't damage anything.

Report back with your findings and I might be able to help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts