Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, so i'm new to can am, but have done alot of research. i'm looking into buying a ds450x or xc. just want to hear your opinion. i don't race, but do alot of trail riding. i can get an 08 for 8800 or 11300 for an 09 xc. i know the xc comes with a few more goodies but is it worth it? let me no what you guys think. what would you do?

·
Registered
5 Posts
you know it might be worth it to get the 09 just cuz 08 is the first year the ds 450 was made and i have been having alot of problems with my 08 450x i had to bring it in for the clutch for the second and my rear break went out. that clutch is sposta be on recall i asked the dealer what they were gonna do as far as putting the same one in and they had no answer for me, and if your gonna buy one dont buy it from rpm motorsports

·
Registered
58 Posts
Where do you live at? My son got his 09 ds450 mx for 8350, the sticker was 8999. We live in north Texas. I think the 09 would be the better choice because all the problems they had with the 08.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i live in bc, canada. ya ya, live in an igloo, drive a dogsled and all that crap. so buyin a quad in texas is outta the question. i think you both put up a good point about buyin an 09. probly the way i will go. did they fix the clutch problem for 09?

·
Registered
58 Posts
HaHa!! I would not mind living up there in a igloo and riding a dog sled for maybe a day or two. So I am spoiled its 80 degrees here today.
As far as the clutch we only got about 3 hours on ours and no problems
so far. I think they did upgrade the clutch though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
-1celsius today, and snow haha, ya, i probly will buy the 09. comes with some nicer parts. well keep posted how that ds treats ya. and enjoy the sun

·
Registered
323 Posts
i have an 08 and i haven't had any problems out of it yet. if i were to buy another one, i would get the 09 though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up a new '08 ds450x for $5950 all fees included.

Don't let the salesman :rocketwhore:

Ohh you are talking about canadian dollars... Using an online converter it looks like it would be about $7400 canadian...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts