Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I just picked up a new 08 ds450 today. I am new to quads but own a crf450 dirt bike and a mxzx800 snowmobile. Is there anything I should do while breaking in the quad or any problems I should look out for. Thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had a couple of problems with mine but everything so far was covered under warranty. The biggest problem is the clutch. Mine squealed every time I took off. Then finally 2 weeks ago it broke so I took to the dealer. I told them about the bulletin on a updated clutch and they called can am. Can Am is going to upgrade my clutch but I going to have to pay the labor.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I would wait until you break it in. I just got my slip on and filter and can't wait til I get my quad back.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I wouldn't buy neither. FMF does sponsor a team but Dasa builds their "FMF'' pipes for them. Everyone who bought a HMF slip-on are happy with their choose so I bought one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
ya deffinatly take care of the clutch rite away mine squeels so bad im scared to drive it lol.. im going to take it in soon now that work is slowing down

i recomend hmf, but its up to you wut you get, you probably wouldnt be dissapointed with any aftermarket pipe since the stock pipe is very restrictive!

·
Registered
2 Posts
my clutch squeeled the first 30 minutes or so of riding and then after that it stopped... Hopefully mine doesn't shit out on me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts