Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got out this weekend and rode my 08 ds450. I am new to quads but it seems to be lacking power. Hills that I would blast up in 3 gear on my crf 450 had me wondering if I should downshift into 1st on my ds. When I got back from riding I cut that pink wire, and now I will order a slip-on or maybe a full system and a new air filter. Which pipe would give the most bottom end power and any other power upgrades would be great, I mostly ride hills. Don't get me wrong I think the quad is great but just does not have the power that my other toy do.

·
Registered
323 Posts
it's hard to compare dirtbikes to quads i think. my rossier pipe & intake gave me some much needed power down low. i don't know what the other pipes are doing for the bottom end though.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
i know ill get a lotta crap for saying this but i LOVE the motoworks sr-4 pipe and programmer. plus its ceaper than alot of the other stuff out there. but the ron woods and rossier pipes are supposed to be really good. it really wakes up that bottom end to the point where your trying to keep the front end down! which is way better than stock.haha

·
Registered
323 Posts
bush seems to be having good luck w/ an hmf slip-on, probably pick that up for about 250. the fmf slip-on on here might be an option too.

·
Registered
459 Posts
ron woods has a drag pipe that im itching to get...

Thats what i'm getting when I build my motor. I'm waiting for a billet crank to be released. I talk to Rudy down at DFR and he said the stock cranks can't handle the extra power.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That Rossier pipe and air intake looks like a great combo. The Ron Woods pipe looks like it picks up mid to top end power. What does the HMF full system do for the bottom end power?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How did the Rossier pipe fit on the quad? Good, Bad? I got a set of twin pipes for my snowmobile and they fit like shit and melted a bunch of things under the hood. I don't want to run into problems like that again.

·
Registered
35 Posts
That Rossier pipe and air intake looks like a great combo. The Ron Woods pipe looks like it picks up mid to top end power. What does the HMF full system do for the bottom end power?

This is the Dyno sheet from HMF for their Sport series slip on with their Programmer and a K&N Filter. as you can see it picks up a considerable amount of bottom end basically right off idle. I have this set up and it wakes this machine up alot. its a big difference. :D

·
Registered
323 Posts
the rossier pipe fits up better than the factory pipe.

·
Registered
323 Posts
it's the loudest pipe i've ever heard, atleast top 3. they sell a quiet core though, i think.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
louder isnt always better though....im just sayin....not to get an arguement started here over pipes AGAIN lol

·
Registered
323 Posts
i honestly think it's too loud. it gets really annoying sometimes. only thing i don't like about it.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The HMF runs between 102-104 db. so yeaht the riding parks are usually out of the question. but its not a annoying loud its a throaty deep sound not the high pitch Braaaaaapppp! lol.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i got a free quiet core for my HMF ballance pipe but its still at the 99-100 db range

·
Registered
323 Posts
rossier sounds good, just too loud for some people's liking. only had a few negative comments, most people like it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts