·
Registered
226 Posts
Congrats!!! Keep it up and bring home the Championship this season

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. This is supposed to be my "year off" from racing. But like every other year it turns into a full season! Hope to get some helmet cam footage but I can't seem to get the darn thing turned on right at the starting line!

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Glad your out there representing us O.G.s!Good-luck this season.
Thanks! There was actually 3 DS's at this race and one utility.
A lot of my fellow racers that have ridden them say they were scared away from the reliability issues but loved the ride. That's okay cause my stock DS blows away any other stock quad in the woods, my advantage!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Another successful weekend! Horrible dead engine start which is typical for my DS. Dead last off the line of 9. This course had a little MX mixed in with some unique to Florida elevation change and faster flowing trails through some thick tall grass fields. Finished 1st! Video coming soon.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Congrats on the win!

Get a photobucket account and multiple pict's are easy. Just copy the links into one post.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Congrats on the win!!! Way to start the season

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Uh oh!

Bad day at the races!
Hit a kicker at the start and my leg went under the rear wheel. Quad went cartwheeling in the air and I was out of the race in the first 100yards!
Luckily only thing I hurt was my right knee, nothing broken but I sure got a swollen sprained/twisted knee. Today I feel very old!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Glad your ok and the quad faired well!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well it's proof of why ya should not ride without heel guards! Broke them last weekend and didn't have time or money to replace them for this race and thought I'd be ok for one race. I would have thought I would have made it further than the first turn!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Glad your ok.I know what you mean about feeling old,went over the bars Sat. while mnt biking,hit a wash around a blind corner.Luckly no one around to see!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Finally!

Well it's about time. Got a better start at 4th out of 9. Moved up to 1st 3/4 way through first lap. Got passed once and quickly got it back.
Better than finishing 1st, I finally beat a friend that I have never beaten other than when he broke down or crashed. This time I passed him, he passed me and I passed him back and I held on to the finish. 1.5 hours of racing and I beat him by 3 seconds! It was a fun day.
On a side note, oddly, Chris Bithell was there too. The pros usually stop coming down when the GNCC starts. He was the only one there????

1 - 20 of 24 Posts