Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So who all has there DS's ready for the new GNCC season? My nephew and I are still working on his 2013 xc. We are planning some minor engine mods along with some cosmetic goodies. He will be running B class 16-21. Last year was his first year in GNCC and second year racing total. He finished 4th place last year in the C class 16-21.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Y'all should run atva nationals. Way funner then gncc.

·
Registered
226 Posts
My race quad is pretty much ready. I think I'll make the GA and NC races this year for GNCC (the amount of fun one has from one series to the next or XC vs MX is 100% opinion lol). I'll prob just run Sportsman A/B as not to interfere with anyones points. I'm going for the A Class championship in the local series, MidEast Racing, and I'll get it if I stay healthy:hahaha::goldcup:

·
Registered
548 Posts
Give 'em hell Tommy!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We wont be makin the Florida trip but GA is definite. I got my nephew to try motocross once. I raced a supercross track in NC when I was younger. He said he liked motox but two of his friends
got hurt the same day so now hes not so sure about it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
GNCC fuel mileage?

I'm gonna finally do a GNCC race this year since my FTR season is screwed from my knee injury back before christmas. Especially since the opener is on virgin property.
Anyway, my question is, with a stock DS gas tank how many of you guys have to pit for gas. I'll be racing the morning race in Super Senior with the animal Dave Simmons. Although I'm no where as fast as him I am comparable to the
the guy that finished 2nd overall last year in that class.
I've never raced the DS for a full 2 hour race so I have no clue how far I can go. Our local series only does 1 1/2 hour races.

·
Registered
226 Posts
You will def have to make a stop. I usually stop on the second or third lap for a splash. Our local series is an hour and a half also and on FAST tracks I am close to fumes.

·
Registered
994 Posts
im setting the first two rounds out, to far to drive! But ill be at the rest of them. Im running in the super senior class this year on a new 2014 ds 450
Too bad you're not coming to florida! I'm probably doing super senior too. 2 can Am's on the line would have been great to see!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Good luck Mike! Hope you have a blast

·
Registered
994 Posts
It pretty much sucked but I had a good time overall I guess.
My buddy and I pulled off after first lap. Nothing but black swamp mud. I've broken and repaired enough stuff on the quad didn't want to start all over just because 1 race. Pros were saying it was the muddiest race they can remember. Some old timers were comparing to black water 100 days!

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
Sorry to hear. I hate mud also and the boy is getting that way too. He had to wash all the mud off a couple of times. He now goes around it or cuts it short to avoid it, lol

·
Registered
994 Posts
A little mud can be fun but when 90% of the course is just wet slop it gets old real quick. Never felt like I could safely get out of 2nd gear anywhere in the woods! I coulda sworn someone poured motor oil on my seat! lol

Video Report: Mud Mucker ATVs - GNCC Racing

·
Registered
226 Posts
Yeah man I was watching live feed and was real happy my plans changed and was unable to attend lol. Nothing like muddy sand to destroy bearings and kill a freshly built quad

1 - 20 of 21 Posts