Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 2008 ds 450x i bought it with 15 hours on it, from neilsens one of the biggest can am dealers in Illinois. I rode it up and down my street a couple of times and took it to the track once. So it might of had 17 hours on it when the drive gear broke and put a hole the size of a half dollar in the transmission and casing. So i called can am customer service and they told me that the quad was out of warranty because they only cover the first 6 months. Well i told the guy that was crazy because if i had bought the quad new say in October when all dealerships have their sales that it would sit till march and the warranty would be up in April. In my eyes with the technology we have as in to be able to plug a quad in like a car and find out the hours and everything else. A warranty that goes by the hours on the quad would be a more fair deal. If anyone can know who to contact that could maybe help get this point across nationally or internationally please let me know i dont want anyone else to have to deal with this kind of problem.

·
Registered
40 Posts
That could be a good idea for many people but could be worse for others like myself where I ride every day I go through at least a tank of gas a day and much more on weekends my warranty would be up probably after a week or two.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I'm sorry to hear about your situation. I bought my 08 DS in october of 09 brand new and the warranty didn't start until I bought it. My warranty was good until April of 2010. I had an oil leak and can-am took care of it beginning of April.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts