Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, Southwick MX338 had a quad practice yesterday, and i took the can am out to do some laps. Unfortunately, I still have all the stock suspension, my new shocks and A-arms didn't come in yet, but i still got a few pics. I will get some pics of the bike when i get all my parts in too.

·
Registered
323 Posts
nice pics, man. i sometimes wish my ds was black. :( what a-arms & suspension did you get? i think i'm about to buy housers & fox evols.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks! I ordered some of the 09 MX a-arms and shocks. I got them for 75% off. Now i can still race in the production class, and hopefully win some contingency.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Nice pics !! You will love the new A-Arms and shocks, my son said he was very
impressed with the set up. The rear shock is a diferent story to tall going to get
it cut down and revalved.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the tip on the rear shock! i rode a stock mx version at a demo ride and i loved the shocks. i cant wait to ride it out on a rough track like southwick though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
There is one other thing about the rear shock. When you bottom out real hard some
have been bending the shock on the frame. You can notch the frame just a little to keep it from hitting it we have not done it yet. I have seen one allready done so I know how to do it but a little scared.

·
Registered
49 Posts
thanks for the tip on the rear shock! i rode a stock mx version at a demo ride and i loved the shocks. i cant wait to ride it out on a rough track like southwick though.
You had a ltr right?? I think I saw you on ltrhq but ya how do you like it compared to the suzuki, I'm getting the 09 MX one soon and was wondering if you liked the stock set up better than your elka set up thanks

Jon

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well the elkas are better than what i have now, but i have only ridden the 09 mx shocks in an indoor track, that was really smooth. I didn't get the bet feeling for them, but i couldn't tell much difference from my elkas at all. When i get them on a rougher track, ill be able to tell, but i think ill like them a lot.

·
Registered
49 Posts
well the elkas are better than what i have now, but i have only ridden the 09 mx shocks in an indoor track, that was really smooth. I didn't get the bet feeling for them, but i couldn't tell much difference from my elkas at all. When i get them on a rougher track, ill be able to tell, but i think ill like them a lot.
Oh cool thanks man, I played around with one yesterday and got a real good look of it, and its freaking awesome wish I could have ridden it but of well just from looking at it real good I know I want it and I know I will love it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts