Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently put a full system DG exaust on my friends can am for him and a pro design airbox kit with a modified lid. All went well but when i started the bike after all was done it fired right up and idled a little high but not bad, when I went to rev it, it died and check engine light was blinking. I shut it off and turned back on started again no problem idle same went to rev died light blinking again ??????

·
Registered
459 Posts
Did you cut the pink wire?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
haha....yea sounds like the wire wasnt cut. thats what happened when i put my pipe on, well not the dying part, but it idled high.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Ya cut it, it switches the fuel map.

·
Registered
459 Posts
this one wrapped in blue tape. Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey thanks guys tried pink wire was not problem but im sure it will help. Finally took the quad to a buddys shop and we put it on BUDS. Problem ended up being a losse wire at the coil so was not letting secondary plug fire. That is why would idle but not rev. I was also informed this is a manufactures recall they are calling all DS450's in so they can solder these connections instead of the chinsey connectors that are on them. Thanks Again

·
Registered
323 Posts
my bike has done that too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have a question. Can i just cut the pink wire, without a pipe or anything else?? Just cant spend huge cash on pipe, and EFI controller right now..... i read in new dirt wheels yesterday, that cutting the pinl wire is all you need...is this true?? will it screw with my warranty?? please let me know!!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
well youll want to open your box and take out the spark arrestor from your pipe...but yea those 3 "free" mods are pretty damn impressive...and no it wont void your warrenty...

·
Registered
4 Posts
even though i have a pipe and a fmi i should still cut the pink wire im a little unsure if i should or not cause my bike runs great and is really fast already

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I believe the pink wire just unlocks a race map and eliminates the limp mode

·
Registered
83 Posts
i run with my lid off and when i think its going to be a bit wet or boggy just put it back on it fit under your seat in the elastic band part so you can keep it with the quad at all times

1 - 20 of 23 Posts