Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 08 x xc and i was wondering how to adjust the rear axel because i didnt get the manual with it...also if anyone know what would happen if i took off the bolts holding the outter ring on the rims off because i want to paint them yellow...would the tires pop off or no ?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
All the air would come out of the tire, you would just have to put the ring back on and tighten it and it would be back to normal.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know i just want to take them off and paint them yellow then put them right back on also do you have any idea how to adjust the rear axel i wanna goto 50 in

·
Registered
425 Posts
To adfust the axel take the rear tires off, and take the cotter pin out of the hub nut. You'll need a 41 mm socket... wrenches wont work.

Get someone to apply the rear brake while you loosen the nut off...(You will likely need a bar on the end of socket for more leverage and may need to use a crowbar to lock the rear axle even more).

Once the nut is off, slide the spacers, than the hub off.. then put spacers on than hub on the outside, tighten up nut as tight as you can and put a new cotter pin in... repet for the other side and whammo! your at 50"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
where do you get the spacers cuz they didnt come with my bike if they were suppose to lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
well, in the XXC and XMX the rear axle comes with spacers.

Adjustable-width hollow rear axle (from 46 inches [1.17 m] to 50 inches [1.27 m] by increments of 0.5 inch [12.7 mm] per spacer)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts