Registered
13 Posts
Run #1 : bone stock
Run #15: lid off S/A out and pink wire cut
run #8: 12.5:1 compression, HMF full, Dobek FMI and clean up porting

·
Registered
323 Posts
nice to see some actual numbers from the dyno. rossier has a dyno sheet on their site(whether it's legit or not) they said they're getting 46.3 w/ a full system & air filter. bushwacker, how is your ds running w/ the spark out, lid off and wire cut?

·
Registered
13 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robbie @ Nov 30 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
nice to see some actual numbers from the dyno. rossier has a dyno sheet on their site(whether it's legit or not) they said they're getting 46.3 w/ a full system & air filter. bushwacker, how is your ds running w/ the spark out, lid off and wire cut?[/b]
the 46.3 is irrelevant until it can be compared to stock run from the same dyno.

a YFZ that has porting, 13:1, 42mm carb, FCI and pipe does 48 on this dyno.

there are lost of things that can affect the final reading so dont get to caught up in the number at the end.

·
Registered
323 Posts
ya, hopefully all the big companies will hurry up and get their pipes in production so fuelatv can do a shootout. i was on the dynojet site and noticed they had a map for the curtis sparks exhaust.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ive dynoed two of them. The first one I did had motoworks, lid off and tune. 45.8whp
Second one I did had ron woods pipe, no box, big [email protected] and tune. It also made more power with the discs in the end. Believe it or not. Stock they both made around 40whp if I remember right.

Just for comparison an 06 ltr with dasa, fuel intake and pc makes 48whp on this dyno. 08 ltrs make around 50whp with this setup.

·
Registered
459 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robbie @ Nov 29 2008, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
nice to see some actual numbers from the dyno. rossier has a dyno sheet on their site(whether it's legit or not) they said they're getting 46.3 w/ a full system & air filter. bushwacker, how is your ds running w/ the spark out, lid off and wire cut?[/b]
It runs good, and has alot more top end. I beat alot of 3 mod 450s at the drags this weekend.

·
Registered
323 Posts
so the motoworks made 45.8, the ron woods made 48.3, and stock is around 40? ron woods seems to be a pretty decent pipe. i'd like to see some actual number on a rossier. i wish the ron woods wasn't so ugly.

·
Registered
84 Posts
The ron woods makes a grip of hp. I think it actually looks ok with the discs in the end. Sounded way killer to with the discs. Open is ok to. The motoworks was garbage sounding on the can am. I doubt you will find a pipe that out does the ron woods. VERY DOUBTFULL.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i honestly think sparks & dasa will out do it. that is if they ever get a pipe out. what air filter & fmi did you use on the ron woods? that may be the set-up i buy if they don't have one out feb.

·
Registered
84 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robbie @ Dec 3 2008, 02:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i honestly think sparks & dasa will out do it. that is if they ever get a pipe out. what air filter & fmi did you use on the ron woods? that may be the set-up i buy if they don't have one out feb.[/b]

LOL thats the funniest thing Ive heard all week. Sparks pipes cant even be put in the same sentance as dasa and ron woods. there is no development in sparks pipes.
Both those pipes crush it on everything Ive tested it on. NOT EVEN CLOSE. 2whp back easy.

·
Registered
323 Posts
you're the dyno man, you're prolly right. i always thought they had good pipes. i got an email from ct racing yesterday and he said he's starting a pipe after the 1st of the year. that should be a good pipe. what fmi & air filter did you use on your ron woods dyno? dyno jet pc3 & k&n? also, did you test the race core or quiet core? would you buy the the exhaust w/ the supertrapp or not? i've also been looking at other sites and YOU ARE THE DYNO MAN. you have dynoed so many pipes & quads. there needs to be more people out there like you.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I'm getting a 450 09 MX. Whats it going to take to get those DYNO numbers up to 55-57 HP and who does good motor work? I'm new to Can am. I'm thinking about DASA. They said they got 64 last year….. Bet that cost some $. They said they could get me 55 for about $4K.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It wont take that much power to get the ds fast enough to compete.

500 dasa pipe
200 dasa intake
300 pc
500 port
250 piston
300 cams

$2000 and you have a 53-55whp bike no problem.

·
Registered
323 Posts
is that a common amount to get other 450s to 55whp?

·
Registered
900 Posts
I talked to DASA today, Johnny is the mechanic for Can-am. He said this,

Port
Deck head
14.5:1 CP
Valve job
Web Cams
Ti retainers
Bore throttle body + bigger plate (butterfly)
FMF pipe
DASA intake

He did say they are working on a DASA pipe but the FMF is what he recommends.

58HP and $2, 600(less if sponsored)

Yeah to get that HP any motor is going to need that kind of work. The DS is a little more since they have to angle the CAMS.

Supposedly the new KTM has the most stock HP, like 52, but rumor has it motors have blown.

·
Registered
459 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TNT @ Dec 5 2008, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I talked to DASA today, Johnny is the mechanic for Can-am. He said this,

Port
Deck head
14.5:1 CP
Valve job
Web Cams
Ti retainers
Bore throttle body + bigger plate (butterfly)
FMF pipe
DASA intake

He did say they are working on a DASA pipe but the FMF is what he recommends.

58HP and $2, 600(less if sponsored)

Yeah to get that HP any motor is going to need that kind of work. The DS is a little more since they have to angle the CAMS.

Supposedly the new KTM has the most stock HP, like 52, but rumor has it motors have blown.[/b]

How big is the throttle bore?

·
Registered
900 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bushwacker @ Dec 5 2008, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
How big is the throttle bore?[/b]
You mean on the 09 DS? 46mm. DASA said there is plenty of wall thickness to bore it out but the company making the butterfly valve stopped so they have to find another one. I'd imagine they flow that whole intake TB and all and with their port air flow s/b pretty big n smooth.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts