Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went riding this weekend and i noticed that i had to charage my battery every time i used it. ide go riding for 30 minutes and then take a 15 minute break and when i would go back out to ride the battery was dead, any ideas what this might be?

·
Registered
103 Posts
My 08 did the same thing needed a new battery. Take tours out and get it tested

·
Premium Member
4,307 Posts
battery or voltage regulator

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where would that be located

·
Registered
994 Posts
Where would that be located
Battery is under the seat. The regulator is on the right sub frame rail. It's a black box with fins on it. Also check the fuse between regulator and battery and make sure it's getting a good connection. It in fuse holder on right side under the seat.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Check the stator not the voltage regulator, the stator charges the battery, the regulator just regulates and converts the voltage from AC to DCv. Almost positive its not your voltage regulator. First thing you want to do is get your meter, place on points of the battery and start quad, let it idle for a minute or two, voltage should increase to 13-14.5 DCv, if drops than its stator. checking stator is just as easy!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
how do i know my stator is bad just by looking at it? i have checked all my fuses and they all look good, i put the battery on the charger and it says that's its still good but now my quad wont start anymore it just makes the clicking noise when i hit the start button.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts