Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had problems yet but i haven't ever hit anythang over 40ft sence my shocks are still stock. thats all they seem to want to take with my housers and stock valving. But i've read somewhere that the carrier won't take much over 50ft hard hits before it starts to weaken and then eventaully break. Has anyone had any carrier issues?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I heard the carriers break also, if you are going to mx you should upgrade.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I got the dual carrier with the race program, and I decided just to wait to put it in, because the bearings in the stock one were new anyways. I eventually blew out the bearings, and messed up the axle kinda bad, as I was trying to pound it off, the carrier broke in half, It was probably already cracked. I have not had any other problems with the 09 upgraded one though, so you should be fine with that one.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The new 2009/2010 carriers are updated. I'm not sure of any problems with the new ones. Doesn't hurt if you ride aften and it crummy conditions to take it apart once or twice a season to inspect it, clean it, and throw a pile of grease in it... its a pretty high-stress area

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oach that scares me lol. I ordered a RPM

1 - 6 of 6 Posts