Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was thinkin maybe droppin 1 tooth in front and callin it good or goin 13 or 14/38, i do a good amount of draggin more time jumping and hittin trails+hill climbs

·
Registered
459 Posts
It depends on the paddles you use. I run 21x12x8 7 paddle extremes with stock gearing and love it. I tried a 13 in the front and didn't like it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
20x10x10 10 paddle extreme haulers =]

·
Registered
459 Posts
Does it bog when you take off?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Naw when im launchin half throttle it wants to stand up and wheelie threw every gear, im thinkin about just goin -1 in the front and maybe some 8' rims in the back with some 22'ultralights 9 paddle

·
Registered
84 Posts
i recommend 21x12x8 also. 6 paddle bead to bead haulers 68ro. For a bolt on bike that will be your best bet. Also run stock gearing. 1 tooth down is to much in my opinion.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well im i desided im gona get some paddles for tearin up teh trails and just use my 10 paddles for drag racin up the face. are those 6 paddles pretty good on trails? still hook pretty good along with sliding? or what about some sandstars, never used them on the rear but i heard there top paddle for trails/sliding and they still hook good for racing

·
Registered
10 Posts
I would go with an 8 paddle tire and 10" wide and whatever else size close to stock with smoothies up front close to stock size also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So...what gearing is the best for the dunes? I have an 08' X model with motoworks slip-on, Velocity filter and pink wire. I would like the feeling of more torque on the bottom end, what would I need to do this? For the most part, I just ride around the dunes and just do a few drag races against the guys in the family..(who are beating me!).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts