Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner

Best gearing for dunez

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Pryse 
#1 ·
was thinkin maybe droppin 1 tooth in front and callin it good or goin 13 or 14/38, i do a good amount of draggin more time jumping and hittin trails+hill climbs

#2 ·
It depends on the paddles you use. I run 21x12x8 7 paddle extremes with stock gearing and love it. I tried a 13 in the front and didn't like it.

#6 ·
Naw when im launchin half throttle it wants to stand up and wheelie threw every gear, im thinkin about just goin -1 in the front and maybe some 8' rims in the back with some 22'ultralights 9 paddle

#9 ·
well im i desided im gona get some paddles for tearin up teh trails and just use my 10 paddles for drag racin up the face. are those 6 paddles pretty good on trails? still hook pretty good along with sliding? or what about some sandstars, never used them on the rear but i heard there top paddle for trails/sliding and they still hook good for racing

#11 ·
So...what gearing is the best for the dunes? I have an 08' X model with motoworks slip-on, Velocity filter and pink wire. I would like the feeling of more torque on the bottom end, what would I need to do this? For the most part, I just ride around the dunes and just do a few drag races against the guys in the family..(who are beating me!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.