Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About a month ago i fitted a motoworks exhaust system and EFI controller to my DS-450 and it was all going good, i left the quad for around 2 weeks over xmas and never started it, went out to start it and when i turned the key the neutral light came on but the Engine management light flickered on and off then it went out completely and the neutral light stayed on.

There is nothing at all (no turn over) if you hit the starter and if you switch it to lights position it makes a groaning noise. I am thinking maybe i have got a bad earth or from the efi controller or maybe even the plug has got a bad connection where it goes into the injector.

Has anyone came across this? if not i'll be taking it down tomorrow to have a better look

·
Registered
459 Posts
Charge the battery and try again.

·
Registered
13 Posts
remove the fuel controller and try again...if it starts, the problem is the fuel controller.

if it doesnt, make a trip to the dealer and get them to plug it into BUDS (BRP diag. software) and it will tell you straight up what it wrong

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i feel stupid now, i was 100 percent sure that it was a 6v battery and i was getting the fully charged signal from my charger, i took the battery out and checked it up online and it is actually a 12v, battery was flat. Problem solved.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i got one better. i had a 350 wolverine when i was like 13. my little sister got on it and was flipping all the switches on the handle bars. well, i didn't ride it for a few weeks. i went to ride it one day and it would not turn over at all. my dad & i checked everything over and over again. it tooks us about two of trying everything to realize the kill switch button was on off. we felt like idiots. =/

·
Registered
425 Posts
For those of you that live in the winter climates, when it is really cold like it is up hear in Canada, try and keep your storage area either heated or a trickle charger on your battery. Had my Practicce LTR out 2 days ago riding, then it got cold in the shop for 2 days... I mean really cold (-18 F) and then the batt. was dead.. doing the same thing.... I have noticed that compared to stock programmer map, the PCIII are a little tougher to start in the cold as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts