Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well went and praticed sun my son made 3 different runs of about 6 laps each. On the 4th run he did 2 1/2 laps and the quad died would not start back up. pull it back to the truck and let it cool off thought it may have went in to limp mode. After it cooled off it still would not start, the neutral light would stay on even in gear and the check engine would flicker. WTF!!
So we stated checking connectors all good, checked fuses 1 was blown.
Replaced the fuse and it ran fine did 5 more laps all good.
We got back late last night so I did not get a chance to look and what the fuse was for but looking at the wire diagram it was a 15 amp fuse and the diagram only has 1- 15amp and its the injector/ignition fuse. anyone have a problem like this. I will look tonight and see what wires lead to that fuse to make sure thats what it is.

Thanks Scott

·
Registered
5 Posts
heyyy

i got the same problem today but i cut the pink wire so i dont know what is the deal right now..

tomorrow ill take the Quad to the can am store to check them...

i let you know

·
Registered
477 Posts
i had my motor out and put it back in, i was still messing with wiring and blew a bunch of fuses probabaly 10 trying to find where the short was, just check all connections over something might be loose

·
Registered
10 Posts
yea i had a 20 amp fuse go out on me it took out the "N" light, cooling fan, and the starter and it kicked the check engine light?! i do have the pink wire cut too, i was just up north this weekend pulling hills all day and at the end of the day.. just like that... has oil, and im running engine ice, never lost hp or anything whats goin on with this thing??? should i go to the dealer and let them scan it???

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ours blew 2 times sat nite at the races, its the ignition/injector fuse that keeps blowing. We are going to take it to the shop and put it on the BUDS to see if it will show a code. When the fuse blows you have nothing, replace the 15amp fuse and all is good. I did notice the second time it did it I seen the neutral light come on when he landed a big jump and then coasted to a stop.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I found the problem, I got no answer from the dealer so I tore into the wire harness (man there is shit load of tape on it). About 6-7 inches from the fuse cluster on left side I found where the harness was rubbing against a bolt head and rubbed into the wire (violet/blue). I went ahead and checked the rest of it all the way to the ECM and it all looked good, spliced the wire back and put the harness back together with even more tape. went out last nite to practice at Badlands all is good now, except now my son flipped it so need to another clutch lever, but the fuse is still good!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Pink wire

has anyone had their check engine light come on after cutting the pink wire, mine came on after cutting it but still seems to run ok

·
Registered
10 Posts
well its over a week mines at the dealer they still dont kno whats goin on with it n i have only had it since feb. and i want to get rid of it already its an electrical nightmare!!! its blowing 2 fuses at a time.... the one for the cooling fan and also the coils...?!

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Here at BCS we have been stripping down all the wire harness we run in our bikes. We eliminate the fuses, and do some other nice stuff to it. We also make it so your fan is full time.

·
Registered
2 Posts
yea i also had this problem what fixed it was my tether switch went bad it kept making the ignition fuse blow..i have went through 4 tether switches but it fixes it temporarily

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have a dual fan setup thats always on and also coated ALL of my fuses in Di-electric grease... what's happening with yours doesn't sound like its related to moisture, but you never know.

maybe try and pull apart all of your electric connections (NOT JUST FUSES, BUT ALL) and swab di-electric grease in there, then again you might already have done that lol...

Skitzo433 showed me that trick and I haven't had a problem since.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts