Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After my research I found there are several different options (and prices of course...)

So I got confused, what should I take care of?

Any recomendation?

·
Registered
459 Posts
When my brothers and I bought boots, I got tech 7s and they got fox boots. I'm still on my first pair and they are on the second pair.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i just got some thor 50/50, comfortable boots.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
haha i got the thor 50/50 too! best boot ive ever owned period. highly recommend. plus cheap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Then it comes again to the "availability" issue...

I'll find out... isn't it safer to wear complete boots?

Thank you guys for your help.

Regards.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
personally i like full boots better, i just feel more protected. I have had my alpinestar tech 4s for 5 years now. The soles are pretty much gone, from sharp pegs. The boot its self is in decent condition. I'm missing the lowest buckle on each of them and they still work fine. I'm in need of new ones though. lol

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
before i got my 50/50 i had some crappy msr vx-1s that i HATED. sold them 2 months after i bought them. never get msr gear. EVER. then before those i had some old sidis that were great...but the thor 50/50 is a full motocross boot, but just short. i mean i got big ol calfs, and all my old boots just killed my legs and feet at the end of the day. the thors i can wear for DAYS and be fine...well not now...but you know what i mean.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ive got tech 3s and love them. ive had setup and they suck and Four boots which were cheap in price in quality. remember you get what you pay for. ive heard nothing bad about 661

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have some tech 3's aswell and have no complaints. They're pretty comfortable and the price is good.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I checked at a Honda dealer on the way home, and they offered my some Diadora boots (I didn't even know they make MX boots, however they are good looking boots), anyone have heard about them?
.....Most common options downhere are Fox comp 5.... but I read somewere they'll be done after a few rides... is that true?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have had the same pair of 661 Huricane boots for 2 years of hard ridding on them and they are still holding up really well idk about the flight boots im gonna get a pair and try them im tired of having booties.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I have had the same pair of 661 Huricane boots for 2 years of hard ridding on them and they are still holding up really well idk about the flight boots im gonna get a pair and try them im tired of having booties.
I actually just got a pair if the flight boots a few months ago. It seemed like they took forever to break in, but now that they are broken in, they are awesome.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I like my fox boots and the 661 its more up to the rider and what feels good on your foot.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the Fox 1/2 boot (I think its called a 5) and they are much more comfotable than a full boot. Especially on a quad when your legs are bent most of the time and you don't put your foot down like on bikes. I ride recreationally and don't need all of the MX protection. Also much more comfy when I walk in to pay for gas or eat lunch.

Some of us live life without a pit or crew! :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the Fox 1/2 boot (I think its called a 5) and they are much more comfotable than a full boot. Especially on a quad when your legs are bent most of the time and you don't put your foot down like on bikes. I ride recreationally and don't need all of the MX protection. Also much more comfy when I walk in to pay for gas or eat lunch.

Some of us live life without a pit or crew! :)

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
i have the fly maverick ATV boots which are 1/2 and I love them! Not the best feel but they're a cheap boot...just enough to protect me!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts