Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey friends I just got a 2011 Can Am DS 450 and I don’t know a lot about these machines and would love some help to diagnose my issue. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated! I’m going to be as detailed as I can and walk you through everything so please bare with me!

It started when I got it but just once and then I stalled it and the battery quickly died while trying to start it a second time. I went and got a new battery/ spark plugs and took it home. Upon getting the quad home for the first time and inspecting further I find that one of the spark plug boots was zip tied on the plug. I installed new plugs and the one boot just won’t seat at all so ordered the new boot and just cut the old one and wrapped the spark plug wire right on the plug making sure it was on good and then I taped it to ensure if couldn’t come off. I did this just to get me by till the part comes in.
The problem I can’t figure out is why it refuses to start on its own power. I can hit the start button and it’ll crank and crank and crank but won’t fire up and eventually the battery will just quit out and tick. I can hook it to my truck and it’ll really get that sucker turning but doesn’t start till I try and then wait a min or so and try again. I have to do that 6 to 10 times totaling about 15 or 20 min and then it fires up. It’ll run flawlessly from then on but as soon as I shut it down it doesn’t want to start again. I drained the gas that was sitting in it using a hose and then turning the key on and off with the fuel prime hose off To get out the best that I could as I couldn’t for the life of me figure out how to drain all the gas. Does anyone have any idea why it doesn’t want to start?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts