Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey has anyone else herd about this?
i just bought a ds 450x and i guess can am has this racer support program or something

well in these "packages"
there is one called the performance package that is free from can am
it includes:
motoworks slip on pipe
new computer
battery box
radiator guard

there is a shock package for 539$
which has KYB front shocks 20'' long bigger ressies and ZPS
the rear shock is a KYB with a remote ressie on it

there is a mx package that is 250$
50" wide a arms and axel

and then the las one is the control
which has bars and a +1 anti-vibe stem

i am just wondering if anyone else has herd about this that has bought a new ds and how good the parts are i kno they wont compair to like PEP or anything of that nature just for the first season on the ds how it would stack up??

·
Registered
459 Posts
I heard about that too. I think you fill out some application and send it to can am.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did all that and i am gettin all the parts this week i was wondering if anyone else had the parts and just wondering how everything worked

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
o my lord...20" coilovers with resis? my damn prerunner doesnt even have that hahaha.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yea we applied for it to just waiting to hear from them with rider #.
I talked to the BRP rep and he said that pretty much everybody that
applies get in. Hopefully I will hear something from them quick, my son
has raced 3 races with it completely stock. And that's hard to do against
built quads. But he is doing pretty good with it stock, just think when
we get some after market parts on it.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
the upgrade packages are just the 09 mx shocks, etc. so don't buy the shocks and a-arms and hope for an upgrade. The pipe will help a ton though.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yea I know we got the Mx so allready got the shocks and arms, Just want the pipe
and ECM and what ever else they give us.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how is the suspension set up? i put the rear shock on but it has been snowing and raining i havent gotten any ride time yet

·
Registered
58 Posts
The suspension is great for being stock. My son was very impressed with the fronts,
the rear sets up to high giving you a real high ride height, but other than that the rear is good to. We sent our rear back with Johnny Hale Sunday after the race
to have it cut down, resprung, and revalved. I just talked to Johnny and he is sending the shock to me I should have it tomorrow. We will try it this weekend
and let yall know how it does. We plan on racing the rest of this year without
doing anything else to it but put gas in it and ride it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
the suspension on the can am was alot better then i thought it would be i was at sunset ridge mx on easter sunday riding and the suspension soaked up all the big hits that i cased the first few times all the knarly braking bumps and the soft whoops i actually like these front and rear shocks better then the PEP big bottle 8 clikcs i had on my YFZ last season they are alot more plush then i expected

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
They are very soft. When I rode them at a demo ride, I loved them. I have my front end on, I just need to do my rear shock and axle. i cant wait to ride it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i dont have the axle on yet i went to walnut and i didnt even need the axle and i had no problem with the quad comming over at all it stayed real flat around the corners

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does anyboy know if this apply also for other countries ? I live in Peru and race a DS450X 08. I would like to have this parts too. If anybody has a clue on that would appreciate very much some advise.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had my mx at the track and already blew a seal on my front shock...
kinda dissapointed. Racetech had a mx out at the track testing their new revalve and spring kit for the kyb's, I rode it and it works alot better!
Too bad the guys at racetech are kinda cocky and not very friendly!
Gonna have to take it somewhere else!

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I'm sure there will be a ton of rebuild kits for the mx shocks out soon. Look at the LTR's, I think these shocks are way better than them too.

·
Registered
79 Posts
ya great program i was acepted to ride in it and its really a awsome program there is alot of opertunites within it. but i only run the parts supplied by the program and the bike is very fast and great power, i think the shocks work great, i'm pretty tall so either way i ride high lol but i got to set it up a bit better hopefully once i get it set up to where i like it i'll start turning faster lap times. :fingersx:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Looks like I need to go to a different dealer, I gave them my application but I don't think they ever turned it in. Almost a month and no response. Also pisses me off that I bought a 09 thinking that it would have the 09 clutch update. I was wrong.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts