Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any body else have a shitty dealer that is very difficult to deal with. Coming to the point im writing a letter to Brp. Because it took over a week to replace a head gasket.............

·
Registered
323 Posts
ya, there is two dealers in my area. they are both completely dumb to the bike. it makes me wish i had a different bike sometimes.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
yep both dealers in my area are retarded...im good friends with the owner of both of them and even hes said that the can-am isnt a big concern of theirs and its unfortunate that i got one cuz he knows his mechanix and parts dept is just going to lag cuz their lazy

·
Registered
155 Posts
I am having the same problem. Called three dealers and none of them knew about the clutch update. I had to tell them the service bulletin number. Hell one even tried to tell me that the service bulletin was to go back to the 08 clutch design because the 09 didn't work. :rocketwhore: Had the service bulletin sitting in front of me and knew he was lying out of his ass. Also cant find one that will do the update for my 09 under warranty. They all say it has to break first before they will replace it. How are all these people getting theirs replaced for free? Love the quad, but the dealerships absolutely suck!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
dude thats straight bullshit. doesnt have to break to get it fixed its called preventative maintainence. sux too cuz it took my dealership 2 months to get mine fixed. sat in the shop while i was making payments on it. wrote a formal letter to BRP and they extended my warrenty for a year. so that was ok tho

·
Registered
25 Posts
actually there is 1 dealer in my area that sells can-am, they are amazing to deal with...
my cousin races a ds90x and and just picked them up as a sponsor. 50% off an everything! and they pay for half of his entry fees at the races
and I race a Yamaha blaster as of right now, but next year I will be on a ds450xmx and they told me once I switch they will sponsor me

they are awesome lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
Anyone know of any good dealers in Iowa? Ive already tried two in Iowa and one in Minnesota.

·
Registered
459 Posts
My dealer wouldn't do anything until the clutch blew up. I had to show them the bulletin so then they called can am and got them to approve the repair but I had to pay the labor. I talked to a dealer across town and their bikes have all recalls done to them,and this dealer claims they were the first to discover the broken flywheel bolts.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Anyone know of any good dealers in Iowa? Ive already tried two in Iowa and one in Minnesota.

the dealer I was talking about was in cedar rapids IA

it's called cedar rapids motosports 319-368-8000 is there phone number

·
Registered
90 Posts
DRV Motorsports in New York has been very good to me... Replacing my clutch for free even though I am part of the racer program with a void warranty!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
5weeks to replace my flywheel....

·
Registered
323 Posts
that is a long time. i never have to wait that long for parts. it's taken longer than 5 days for anything.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i am in cullman,alabama and have had great service from the sports center!my flywheel bolt came lose and ruined stater and flywheel they made it up for me and had it fixed in 5 days!i guess i got lucky

·
Registered
4 Posts
i hv a 08 ds450mx my dealer got me a new clultch cover that sprays oil on the clutch to fix the noise my clutch makes all from brp.im wating for it to come back ill let you no if that fixed it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Stupid Dealer

I blew my clutch at snowshoe and my dealer (stiller motorsport in kittaning pa) had know idea about the bulliten or even what need to be done. Im now going to deal with Mosoties in Irwin PA. Does anybody have any advice on what to do? im missing so much practice time....:1zhelp:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Any body else have a shitty dealer that is very difficult to deal with. Coming to the point im writing a letter to Brp. Because it took over a week to replace a head gasket.............
your dealer may be backed up, and theres more to it than just replacing, they also have to find out y the head gasket blew(most likely overheating but due to what-leak, thermostat, mechanical seal, fan, temp to fan sending unit, low coolant), theres also testing time, it could have blown on them after they replaced it, they really dont want it to happen to YOU again in an UNCONTOLLED ENVIROMENT

1 - 20 of 49 Posts