Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just noticed today that there is at leat one Can Am in the top 4 classes in the GNCC series. I know that isn't a very high number compared to the Hondas and Yamaha's but there are NO KTM's in any of those classes. Granted the KTM hasn't been made in a few years but its good to see we still got a few up there.
McClure finally put the DS on the podium this year at the Unadilla race!

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was pretty stoked to see McClure on the podium too. I know Bithell and McGill was always on the podium when they were on DS's but they're always there anyway.

·
Registered
226 Posts
McGill got taken out by a lapper and was knocked out. He managed to hold on for 5th. Bithell had tranny problems and only made two laps.

·
Registered
12 Posts
As both a full time GNCC racer, and an orange bleeder. I'm pretty sure there are a lot more KTMs than you're counting. You must have just been looking at Unadilla, because oddly there weren't as many as usual there, but if you look at the series as a whole, there are still quite a few of us out there, including in the A classes.

Also, it looks like I'm moving to Vet A next year, so there'll be at least one at every round haha!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I was looking at just Unadilla. But there aren't any in the XC1 or XC2.
Believe me I'm not knocking them, heck, if they were still being made I'd be on one!
I was just meaning at least we still see the DS out there seeing as they aren't that popular.
Other than the typical first year model mods (I bought a leftover 2008) I haven't really had any other problems. Heck I see everything broke down eventually! I was just being cheap I guess and not doing a lot of the updates and mods until I experienced a problem with them.
Still want to pick up a KTM some day though, I love everything about them!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update,

Well, at the opener there were a total of 5 DS's in the entire lineup of both morning and afternoon classes.
I could have sworn McClure was announced pre season to be on Can Am again but he was on a Honda??????
Quite a few KTM's but I gotta admit I'd be leery of buying one now since they aren't being made anywhere anymore, not even the engines!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
weird! yeah i think mcclure was can-am this year too??? the WORCS series there was only four in the entire circuit and for Quad-X there was only three including me!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like I've said before BRP doesn't even include the DS in any ad (print to TV) that I've seen for quite a while, yet they are still building them. I'm not marketing genius but that makes no sense to me at all??????
On another note, a couple weeks back McGill told me he actually liked the DS, it was just to much $$$$ to keep one going for him to stay on one as a privateer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts