Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my 450 used didn't come with an owners manual, without trying I just don't see how you tighten the chain yet. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
224 Posts
loosten the two bolts on the back of the swing arm and the whole housing rotates.. i used a hammer and a rod to get the housing to rotate.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
you can stick a screw driver through a hole in the sprocket hub. This will go into one of the slots on the big side of the carrier, and just roll the quad. this will rotate the carrier, and adjust your chain.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It really seems like a silly set up for chain tensioning. But seems better than the older yamaha's with the two bolts with the backing nut. But thanks for all the help guys.

·
Registered
224 Posts
you can stick a screw driver through a hole in the sprocket hub. This will go into one of the slots on the big side of the carrier, and just roll the quad. this will rotate the carrier, and adjust your chain.
i tryed that and it didnt work for me so i just used a little force lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
just putting something in there and rolling it worked like butter! This is by far the easiest and brightest chain tension set up out there!

·
Registered
117 Posts
My cannondale was the same way. It couldn't be any easier.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Most of the new 450's have very similar ways to adjusting the chain... its a pretty bulletproof design, just make sure ya torque the bolts down to the proper specs afterwards.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Torque spec is 35 ft lbs for the rear chain adjustment lock bolts.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the help! Everyone has been helping alot, I just bought it and it came with no owners manual. So this has been helping alot!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good to hear man, need any more help with anything let us know or PM me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts