Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright Everyone...

We've all read some of the horror stories about quality control on the 09 DS450MX. We all know that the bottom end is a little softer than all the others and it needs to be ridden more like a 2-stroke. Also we've heard that the clutch problems for 08 have been cured for 09. I'm a little baffled about the dropping of the factory installed tether for the 09 "X" models my self.

So with all of this said, what would people do to the DS for 2010 if they worked for Can-AM?
And what have people done to improve the performance/reliability of the quad?

Anything goes, share your thoughts.

·
Registered
459 Posts
For us dunes and trail guys I would put the Aprilla RSV 550 engine in it. :lol:

·
Registered
224 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ds450mx @ Jan 8 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would like it if the back plastics were different. I think they need to be shaved a little[/b]
make the front plactics like the ds90x..thatd be sweet! im sure in time well be able to buy aftermarket racing plastics

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So far the plastics aren't so popular. The 09 headlights I think do wonders for the looks of the front of the quad, but Can-Am seems to have put almost too much thought into the plastics maybe.?? Anybody found or bought any Cams for their motors that helped out with the power?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts