Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys use to clean your engine, swingarm, shocks, any aluminum piece, and chain with? i can get the plastics looking good, but that stuff is hard to get clean.

·
Registered
114 Posts
i use alot of stuff from a power washer with simple green from the fist run over ....then i wd40 all the moving components ...then re power wash them with no simple green to get all that wd out.....then i hand wash every inch with a wet rag and car wash detergant ....then another hose off with the power washer ....then i lube the shit out of everything....and i try to do this after every ride .....i also try to change the oil after every 5 hours ....but im crazy when it comes to matenance

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what areas do you use high pressure on and what areas do you avoid using high pressure?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Well: the radiator can't take much pressure, but you should also avoid high pressure near the electrical parts and wires.
The speedometer (if you have one) is not 100% waterproof, so avoid that too.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
simple green everything with wd-4o on metal moving parts sounds like a good idea. theres the plastics renuzits kits that i usually use alot, and brake cleaner actually helps alot of things too cuz its a pretty powerful de-gunker as well. its great for gettin sticker residue off. but if you clean the motor make sure its 110% cleaned off cuz its insanely flammable.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I use a power washer. I fill the soap compartment with purple power, it is the same stuff as super clean. I just spray it on, and let it sit for like three minutes, and then I spray it off. I do this twice. Once with the quad topped up, and once with all four wheels on the ground. It gets it pretty clean, but it makes the quad kinda dull.

·
Registered
425 Posts
If ya have the time, get the garden hose out boys! A little sponge and soapy water will do your quads good! not to mention save your decals, bearings, chains, and wiring with not haveing to use a pressure washer.

Give the quad a spray down with water to get the majority of crud off.. than buy some mean grean spray cleaner and spray the entire quad down with that... let sit than use your car wash soad and a sponge and soap down your fenders (top-bottom), seat, frame, nerfbars, engine, swing arm, that rims... usually that order works best.... rinse off the soap and your good to dry it down.

Make sure after ya dry it tat you run the engine for like 10 minutes... long enough to warm it up.

should look [email protected]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts