Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 08 450 and the clutch lever is bent. i was looking to replace it and thought that maybe i can change that and put a two finger clutch in with a easier squeeze cable.

has anyone done this before? if so please help!

thanks!

·
Retired Moderator
3,417 Posts
also a asv for a ltr450 works great. or if you want im going to have a ds450 hydro clutch kits for sale asap. alittle pricey thou

·
Registered
586 Posts
Streamline now make Brake Levers and Clutch Perch/ Levers. Mine are on their way and looking forward to testing them out. Also doing the Honda Master Cylinder conversion at the same time using Streamline brake lines.

The worst thing about the DS450 clutch lever is it smashes my finger!

·
Registered
301 Posts
LOL, know what u mean.......my fingers are bruised.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I have never had it happen so much on a bike ever, and the rib in the back of the lever doesnt help. Its nearly a pointy edge smashing my knuckle ever time! haha.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I got my Streamline Reflex Levers in the mail today. I will snap some pics once I have them on and post them up.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Here are pics of the streamline levers. They look and feel pretty good quality. And the front brake with the Honda Master cylinder has excellent feel to it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
whats involved in doing the master cylinder swap what parts do i need

·
Registered
586 Posts
You will need to firstly get hold of a TRX450/700 front master cylinder and then some new brake lines (straight, not bent like the DS450, although some people have just bent the ds450 ones straight. I got Streamline dual lines and they work great). Other than than, put it all together and bleed and you have better brakes. Check these two threads out:

http://www.ds450hq.com/forums/pictures-videos/6297-2012-bike-prep.html

http://www.ds450hq.com/forums/motocross/6228-preping-your-ds450-motocross.html

1 - 14 of 14 Posts