Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a '09 x xc and the clutch pedal is leaving all metal marks on my boots. I covered it in some duct tape but that comes off during every ride. Anyone having the same problem or have a solution?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
shift w/the edge of the boot, not the toe! you mean shifter right?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LTMFB- yup i meant the shifter sorry ^_^ you mean with the metallic bit of the boot?

blaster99- I tried to get it off already. I even tried rubbing it with DW-40 and one of those green scouring pads it didn't work :/

·
Registered
684 Posts
theres a aluminum piece on my boots. Really who cares though, just boots theyll get good and fucked up in a few races. why u buy new ones each season

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
Seriously concerned about boots getting scuffed? Lol....they're doing their job....just be thankful its not ur toes getting scuffed lol but yea try shirfting with just the tip of the boot

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have the solution for you!!!

You have three options
A) Don't wear your boots and they will stay as new as the day you purchased them. Not really recommended by me.

B) Stay in first gear I highly recommend this since I know I'd be scared riding with you knowing your not paying attention to the important stuff.

C) Don't ride your quad probably the all around best option for you, this way nothing gets scratched.

:)

I just couldn't resist

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
it made perfect sense till the clown shoes and the transformers came into it XD
and thanks for that bit of sarcasm HOBS i rly appreciate it -_-

·
Registered
571 Posts
trying to hold all sarcasm back, the 08 ds has a shift lever that is kinda low from the dealer, loosen it, pull it out, move it up a notch, maybe you wont struggle with hurting your boots, this will allow your foot under the lever easier so you can put it there and leave it without dragging it across your lever which is scuffing your mint untouched unscratched boots, then wrap your boots in plastic/shrinkwrap to not allow any dust on them

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
arite arite! damn. i jus thought it looked stupid wit th left 1 scuffed up n th right one lookin good. can u guys just cut the crap? i just wanted to know if anyone els noticed that not insult me for giving a damn about wat my boots looked like. it would be fine if they both got messed up cuz thats normal but if 1 is scuffed n th other isnt it looks wierd.

·
Registered
571 Posts
it doesnt look wierd to us, we all ride also!! we know what you went through to get your left boot all messed up, and how much fun it was doing it!! and if it is still a problem, put the right one on your left once in awhile, then they will match!! just kidding!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LOL. ok thanks for the help. i didn't really think about that. i guess ill just forget about them and just enjoy riding :) i appreciate puttin th sarcasm aside too :p

1 - 20 of 26 Posts