Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody,
I'm a guy from Calgary, Alberta, Canada who enjoys getting out with friends and riding the trails.I started out with a Polaris Trailblazer 250 in 2003. That was a fun bike but with a family and doubling all the time I had to move into something bigger. The 2 stroke just wasn't cutting it. I had to rebuild the engine twice because it was taking such a punishment. We kept the Trailblazer and added a new 2005 Honda Rubicon Canadian Trail edition to the lineup. Very nice quad and comfortable to ride. It isn't a sport quad and I had a few accidents trying to keep up with my buddies on their KFX's and Outlaws..lol.It was time for Dad to get a sport quad again. The kids are now teens and even have their own dirt bike so now I can have my fun.

I just bought a 08 DS450 that was in mint shape, only 2 hrs on it, for a heck of a deal. Now I'm ready to spend some coin and trick it out. I've been doing a lot of research into exhaust systems / air intake systems and haven't quite made up my mind which ones to pick. I read about the pink wire cut and will be doing that ASAP but I also want to make these other improvements. I have some interest in the HMF Sport Series slip on. I like how you can customize the colours for your bike.Can anybody give me any feedback on this? Also I noticed that many of you are using the Velocity Air Filter. How do you like that?

So many questions...lol. I feel like a kid in the candy shop who wants everything.

Anyways I'm looking forward to chatting with you guys and maybe even meeting up for a ride.

Cheers!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts