Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if the DS450 comes with a built in timing retard for the first x amonut of hours? Or similar thing. I believe the ski-doo sleds doo! Mine has maybe one hour use on it and it seems pretty flat!
Thanks

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
yea its kinda lame outa the box...well not lame but compared to a few easy mods the difference is ridiculous. after your first oil change which i think they say to do after like 3 tanks or something, pop off the filter lid, take out you sparky/baffle, and cut the pick wire and that thing seriously comes to life.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
even with just the motoworks pipe, it wakes it up a ton. I didn't put the fmi on it before i rode it with just the pipe, and wow. I cant wait to ride it with the fmi!

·
Registered
323 Posts
ya, the ds is kind of slow stock, but w/ just the pink wire cut it is really snappy. an intake & full system makes a HUGE difference.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
speaking of a full system...i have an opportunity to get a fmf mega-bomb header, but i dont know if its going to be compatible with the motoworks slip-on, i mean, i dont see why it wouldnt be, but sometimes things fit and sometimes they dont. any input on mixing components?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I wouldn't do it by first choice, but i mean, if its a good deal, i guess you could always try it. Your probably going to make the most power with the same brands though.

·
Registered
323 Posts
pretty sure the dyno i seen w/ the powerbomb header lost hp over stock. i think the sheet is on this site.

·
Registered
323 Posts
i'm sure the outcome would be similar? i don't know.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
ah yea...well...i think ill pass...cant really see the point of just a little more power...i mean at this point...how much is a header gonna add? not enough to spend money on...screw it. thanks guys for all the help!

·
Registered
323 Posts
the right header will add more power. i raced a guy w/ a motoworks slip-on vs my full rossier and i beat him easily every time.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
yea i think if anything ill either get the motoworks header or jsut get a full system, prob the rossier or ron woods

·
Registered
323 Posts
i would just go w/ the motoworks header. i doubt the power difference between all the pipes is very big.

·
Registered
477 Posts
full FMF with megabomb header lost 1hp over stock pipe on a stock bike.... lol not worth your money. So far it seems Ron woods pipes are making the most power, i sent my rossier to a guy to have it dynoed and results should be back soon.

·
Registered
323 Posts
did you send it to driver? do you have the intake, too?

·
Registered
28 Posts
full FMF with megabomb header lost 1hp over stock pipe on a stock bike.... lol not worth your money. So far it seems Ron woods pipes are making the most power, i sent my rossier to a guy to have it dynoed and results should be back soon.
Ron Woods pipe is very loud and i dont think it would pass dB levels in racing.

I have the Motoworks full SR4 system with the FMI and it does pull very well. More than enough power to race with.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts