Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking about switching to one from my yfz does anyone know if they handle better or worse is there a much of i differnce in noticable power and is the stock suspension on the mx better or worse?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Is your yfz stock? If so it will handle a whole lot better. Than power wise a slipon, filter and pink wire cut is had to beat. If you get one get a 2010 model.
DSEFIXMX450_wallpapers_01.jpg

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I am almost positive that the stock mx model will be better than your yfz. It might have a little less power if your yfz is built, but its can hold its own pretty well with the mods stated above me. It will handle better. I have ridden 2 diffrent set ups on yfzs. A stock one, and one with asr and elka. The DS out handles both of them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
the suspension on the mx is amazing i've road various types of aftermarketset ups and for being stock its amazing i race one in pro am it is really an awsome bike for only having a motoworks sr4, and a race ecm, the bike is hard to beat

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
omg...the 2010 looks beautiful. screw blacked out. im going with that clore scheme...sooo sick.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
haha the 2010 looks good if you ask me. Netted heal guards are the way to go. The colors look sweet, i just hope they offer that red and white again. I kinda liked that color scheme.

·
Registered
58 Posts
thinking about switching to one from my yfz does anyone know if they handle better or worse is there a much of i differnce in noticable power and is the stock suspension on the mx better or worse?

We have one of each because the YFZ has not sold yet. We had a race this weekend and the clutch went out on the DS so my son had to race the YFZ and he said it did not corner as well as the DS. He loves that DS. Now we play the waiting game on getting it fixed, we have a race this weekend so we will see.

The YFZ is a built bike and he still likes the DS better stock!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts