Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
My sprockets are not cracked, but the rear sproket will not stay tight and the holes in the hub are worn now!

Do have the sprocket gaurd on?

·
Registered
234 Posts
no trouble yet, but that stock chain def wants to get loose quickly. going aftermarket once the chain or sprockets wear out

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
My sprockets are not cracked, but the rear sproket will not stay tight and the holes in the hub are worn now!

Do have the sprocket gaurd on?

did you bend your sprocket hub? that's what happened to me, and they wouldn't stay tight. I have actually been break teeth off, I think its from when they dig into the ground, the dirt can put stress on them and the teeth can break. You are supposed to have the chains loose on these quads too. Much looser than any other quad.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i broke 2 rear sprokets.. they just wouldnt stay tight no matter wut i did.. dealer replaced the rear end and its been fine since..

call your dealer for a 15t front sproket.. under $20 for it

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
whats the 15tooth do?i mean its acceleration right? and does it affect your top end if you stick with the same rear tooth count? on such a simple concept im still kinda dumb about it haha

·
Registered
224 Posts
helps top end a little but not much..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i have the guard on and have cracked the rear sprocket twice. I welded it once and then it cracked directly across from it. Is this a dealer warrantee or do i just have to put more money into my dam quad

·
Registered
323 Posts
my stock chain & sprockets wore out very fast.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
damn im still on my stock sprockets and chain...they seem to be holding up fine, guess i dont ride as hard as i thought haha...has anyone gottent hat BRP regina z-ring chain?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Still on my stock ones with not problems yet.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I went through two rear sprockets. The first one started breaking off teeth and the second one was wearing really bad. I dished out the money and got a 39t from hot seat powersports, a KMC gold chain, and new stock 14t front sprocket. This combo has been good so far with 18" tires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
broken sprocket

rear sprocket bolts would not stay tight and rear sprocket just broke recently.....cracked the tensioner and broke a bearing as well..

·
Registered
159 Posts
Is this from a chain that is too tight? I am new to ATV's but on a street bike those would be tell tale signs of the chain being adjusted too tight.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts