Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, i called today and dasa confirmed they're not making us a pipe. let's ditch the DASA thread. i just bought a rossier pipe, rossier intake, and outerwear. i think it was 600. i'm looking to see if there is a cheaper place to buy the power comannder, but it will be order this week, too. i'll hopefully have it saturday and i'll take it straight to the dyno.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I heard FuelMoto usa has good deals on them. 259+shipping

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds like a good price. what pipe are you considering, bush?

·
Registered
459 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robbie @ Jan 13 2009, 08:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
sounds like a good price. what pipe are you considering, bush?[/b]
I thinking HMF Ironman full pipe with Rossier intake & pc3. Take some pics when you install ur pipe.

·
Registered
114 Posts
the other benefit of the fmf system is due to the availability of the mega bomb header up grade , which signifigantly improves pull on the bottom end of the rpm range , which is a (wait no correction) the only problem with this atv.......along with the fact that it is the lightest aftermarket exhaust system available

·
Registered
459 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dasaDS450 @ Jan 13 2009, 09:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
the other benefit of the fmf system is due to the availability of the mega bomb header up grade , which signifigantly improves pull on the bottom end of the rpm range , which is a (wait no correction) the only problem with this atv.......along with the fact that it is the lightest aftermarket exhaust system available[/b]

The fmf is too pricey, and mr.horsepower and driver311 said its a waste of money. Maybe if you can posts those dyno sheets you can prove them wrong.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
about to install my new pipe, i'll post a sound clip after it's done. here's a pic of it all.

Attachments

·
Registered
459 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robbie @ Jan 16 2009, 06:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
about to install my new pipe, i'll post a sound clip after it's done. here's a pic of it all.[/b]

Nice pipe robbie, did the filter come with a outerwear?

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i installed it about 10 minutes. it fit up better than the factory exhaust. it weighted prolly a quarter of what the factory can did. i'm very satisfied w/ the exhaust. i took it for a few runs up and down the street and it really added a lot of power. it's extremely loud. i made a sound clip, but it really doesn't do it justice. i'll make a better video tomorrow.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you have the buy the outerwear seperate. the fit up was real good & the filter is massive.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
just got back from riding. i raced a guy that was neck & neck w/ me the hole time when i was stock, now i jump out way ahead of him and finish about 4 quads ahead of him. i'm very satisfied w/ it. i think like ltr311 said, it's a little lean. i'm prolly not gonna ride it again until the power comannder gets here. the pipe & intake made a huge difference. i recommend it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robbie @ Jan 17 2009, 01:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
just got back from riding. i raced a guy that was neck & neck w/ me the hole time when i was stock, now i jump out way ahead of him and finish about 4 quads ahead of him. i'm very satisfied w/ it. i think like ltr311 said, it's a little lean. i'm prolly not gonna ride it again until the power comannder gets here. the pipe & intake made a huge difference. i recommend it.[/b]

That good to hear Robbie, did you cut any holes in your air box?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts