Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what size spindle the ds has? I want a set of spindle mount front rims, but i dont know if its a 5/8 spindle or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
459 Posts
Are you building a drag quad? My bro bought some spindle mounts for his ltr I might see if they mount up later this week.
a14.jpg

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im going to try to build a drag quad. Chassis this summer/fall, motor this winter. That would be sweet if you could try those on your bike. What kind did he buy? When i look i only see banshee or 5/8?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah, i've been eye balling the ones on sandtoyzunlimited. Do you know if the ones u got are 5/8th style? I'm worried its going to be a custom job with the short spindles on the ds

·
Registered
459 Posts
I talked to Fireball about making some drag a-arms with 5/8 spindles. When my bro gets his bike back I'll check the size.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Heres some pics I took, it looks like 5/8 spindle mounts won't work. I would call Fireball and have them build you some a-arms with 5/8 spindles.
spindle1.JPG

spindle2.JPG

spindle3.JPG

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i dont know if im ready to buy new aarms, maybe some +2 forwards -2 in. I would think the aluminum aarms are pretty light...

I think im going to sent a spindle to sandtoyzunlimited and see if they can get something figured out from them.

Thanks bushwzcker

1 - 8 of 8 Posts