Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
post the mods you have on your ds450, post your opponents quad & mods, and whether you win or lose.
i have raced a stock 2008 honda 450r & stock 2007 suzuki z400. i beat them both. the z400 ran closer to me than the 450r did.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Did you beat them drag racing or on the track? It moslty depends on rider skill then the machine. I got a 3 mod 400z and beat lesser skilled riders on 450s. The ds is a fast quad and I've beaten a couple 3 mod 450s on the track and at the drags.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya, it was a drag race in the sand. i think the reason the z400 kept up better is because i was spinning out everytime i shifted.

·
Registered
34 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robbie @ Nov 29 2008, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ya, it was a drag race in the sand. i think the reason the z400 kept up better is because i was spinning out everytime i shifted.[/b]
Iv beat full HRC 450r's 100% stock lol, but now with the lid off k&n pink wire cut motoworks and its easly king of the dunes, nothing pulls has hard as the ds in the top end!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i beat a stock 700 raptor, banshee w/ pipes & motor work done, and a piped 450r. i pulled away from everything but the banshee. i only got him by about half a quad every time. this was in the sand again.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
add one more to the list.. banshee w/ a lot of mods, guy said it dynoed at 64hp. the ds rapes.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Anyone beat a 3 mod raptor 700? I raced a couple with no luck, but i think alot of people lie about their mods.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the one i raced was all stock.

·
Registered
224 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (WesDS450X @ Dec 5 2008, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Iv beat full HRC 450r's 100% stock lol, but now with the lid off k&n pink wire cut motoworks and its easly king of the dunes, nothing pulls has hard as the ds in the top end![/b]
ill believe that when i see a video of it and the guy saying wut he has done to his 450r....

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
maybe the guy didn't know how to ride very good..

·
Registered
224 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Robbie @ Dec 15 2008, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
maybe the guy didn't know how to ride very good..[/b]
maybe but still

·
Registered
34 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ds450mx @ Dec 15 2008, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a piped ltr, and am tied with ds that has spark out and pink wire cut.[/b]
Naw i only ride sand so its all about paddles, he was runnin 20x10x10 itp sandstars, im run 10 paddle extreme's so of course i took the launch on him then just stayed in front of him threw every gear

·
Registered
34 Posts
iv even spanked an ltr with sandstars+Yoshi plug in or w/e+stock filter with lid removed and baffle outta stock exhuast when i was all stock

·
Registered
477 Posts
i've raced my buddies ltr with cherry bomb and pea shooter out, i won by about 1 length in 200ft.
also raced my buddies 440 kfx, with web cams, sparks pipe, keihin 40mm carb, etc. and on dirt we trade wins and on black top i can out run him till about 1/8th mile and he catches me cause hes geared higher.

·
Registered
10 Posts
raced my 500 quadzilla against the "rich kid" down the street on his ds, spanked him bad, kept talking smack so we did it again with the same result, mmmm 500cc 2stroke

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ds450power @ Dec 22 2008, 02:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i've raced my buddies ltr with cherry bomb and pea shooter out, i won by about 1 length in 200ft.
also raced my buddies 440 kfx, with web cams, sparks pipe, keihin 40mm carb, etc. and on dirt we trade wins and on black top i can out run him till about 1/8th mile and he catches me cause hes geared higher.[/b]
what do you have done to yours??

ltr, did he have any mods?? i'm sure it's a different race stock vs stock??

·
Registered
10 Posts
only thing i saw on it for sure was motoworks exhaust, id assumed he had his wire cut, intake all the goodies, its a quick bike dont get me wrong, just not quick enough

the zilla has a bigger carb, motor work from trinity and full DRQ exhaust, stock sprockets front and read

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
today i didn't fare too good... got roosted by a kfx450, kfx700 and a warrior w/ an r6 motor. the two kfx were fully modded, so i didn't feel bad eating their roost.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts