3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a lowering kit to suit ds450 xmx 09 for speedway
or another way to lower the ride height for speedway

Cheers Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have also been looking with no luck, so im lowering the front and rear with some air shocks or I will make a new linkage for the rear. So far it is really easy fronts are done and the rear is next. I will take pics when finished. Anybody have comments about this setup?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so have you just put shorter shocks in front or have you made a bracket to reposition shock mounting point
love to see some pics
[email protected]
cheers Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
I made brackets for my z400 but on the ds im using air shocks that you can control the ride height by how much air you put in them. It should work pretty sweet. the shocks are from harley davidson side carts, I also have mini air compressors that you can use to fill the shocks. Thought that would be an awesome setup for a golf cart.

·
Registered
56 Posts
What is the right "eye to eye" size for front shocks when lowerin stock DS? I´d like the a-arms to be almost straight, like a supermoto bike. Stock shocks are about 435mm/17" from eye to eye?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i seen an 08 ds with honda 450r shocks on the front. looked good but they were mounted upside down. dont know if they work rightside up or not. havent had much time to investigate. hope this helps. im also looking for a way to lower my ds450x while still being able to race motocross and harescramble without spending thousands.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I bough an extra set of stock shocks from here & Ebay and I´m takin them to a friend of mine. He takes them apart and then builds them up again with a socket or a bushing (don´t know the right word in english) to make them shorter. I´ll post a pic when done.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got my shocks yesterday. Guy who serviced the shocks put 35mmx70mm bushings to front shocks and a 39x55mm bushing to rear (widht x lenght). Bushings are made on POM-plastic. Rear spring is original, but fronts are a bit shorter, from YFZ I think. Bike looks good and handless well. Will tell you more when I put road tyres and spacers on. here´s a before and after pic:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts