Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking into a DS450xc and im wondering how reliable they are.Right now i am torn between the DS450Xc the kfx450r and the kfx700 . Id like a quad that is reliable,and not have to worry about changing the oil, adjusting the valves every couple times i ride. Any help would be greatley appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
425 Posts
I've always owned Suzuki's since I was 10 years old. Around June I sold my Suzuki's, and with alot of incentive from a dealership, got a 2009 DS450 MX. I asked the same question as you... ya hear all the stories but I can tell ya that it is a good bike.

I race and ride hard everytime I ride. I normally change the oil and filter aroubd 8 hours, no longer than that. If your not hammering it constantly you can extend that huge. I've yet to need to adjust the valves on it, this is something that you'd do once a season probably just for good measure.

I have had no problems so far, (Knock on wood). I like the bike alot better than my LTR450's and they were pretty built up bikes. I say go for it man, just if ya buy an 08 get all the updates. They are done free from the dealer.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
kfx700 is a joke. its a utility bike with sporty plastics and 2wd. wheres the fun of blasting trails if you cant shift? i totally agree with xrider, ds450 is the only way to go. seriously, can-ams tag-line "the ride says it all" is so true. your gunna hear stories everywhere you go of how badass this quad is or that quad is, or how fast it can go yada yada yada. get on a ds450. youll stop thinking about it. the bike only gets better. once you revalve and get your suspension dialed in just right, and u make up for that kinda lame bottom end with some bolt ons, the ds is comparable to a $15,000 trx/kfx/yfz. trust me, you just gotta ride one. youll make up your mind fast.

i guess this kinda belongs in the 450 vs 450 thread, but o well... regarding reliability its fine. its an off road machine, so its not like a honda accord thatll last till your grandkids are around, its gunna need maintaince and what not, but no more so than any other quad. and for the performance you get, its totally worth taking the plunge.

·
Retired Moderator
3,417 Posts
" your gunna hear stories everywhere you go of how badass this quad is or that quad is, or how fast it can go yada yada"

thats coming from the guys that wish they had bought a ds...lol

·
Registered
425 Posts
Good Choice. Let us know what you think!

·
Registered
155 Posts
That is a good choice. I love the way my XC rides. The suspension on the XC model is really good for being stock. I am running mine bone stock in the B class.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I would love to get into XC racing to go along with my MX Racing, but Canada doesnt really have any XC that I've found. Was thinking of doing a few northern U.S ones next year to try it out. What ya's think are good ones?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts