Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any one on here has made the switch from Honda to Can Am? If so, what do you think about your switch? Also I want to know the pro's and the cons. At the time, I bought a new 2007 Honda, and I'm kinda wishing I had went with the Can Am. Now that I'm getting my ass kicked in Gncc, I'm wondering should I Keep building my Honda, or cut my loses and start over with an Ds

·
Registered
459 Posts
Does your honda have any mods?

·
Registered
323 Posts
i don't race, so i can't really give you any info on that. i did drap an 06 w/ ron woods pipe, fci, sparks drag cam, and hi-comp piston and i was either dead even or he was half a quad on me.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
can-am. just look at what r0wland found. thats a pretty modded trx vs a slip on and filter and it was pretty much even. i know you can make killer trxs but for the money the can-am has more done to it out of the box. with a few simple mods it'll scream and with a couple hundred bucks in the right depts it'll be unstoppable. then of course you can drop thousands into the right depts and itll be a dream....:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own both 2007 trx and 2008 ds450x check out my pics, I like the ds better its a nicer ride and from stock to stock the ds would smoke the trx!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did the switch, I still have a TRX50r 05 and use now the DS450x. The difference it's amazing the Ds is faster and very easy to handle, the suspension is one of the bests out there, and the best of all it's still stock. I modified the trx with almost all you can do, without going to a big bore, it has hot cam stage 2, white bros exhaust system, powernow scaryfast, vortex X10 CDI, FMF jet kit, UNI filter, Pro Armor all arround, ITP pro baja wheels, Razr 2 tires. I'm using the DS two weeks, mainly in the dunes and hard hills (motocross) and I'm very surprised with the handling, power, suspension of this ATV. I only can say that it's one of the bests 450 you can buy.

·
Registered
79 Posts
i made the switch from a highly moddified 05 trx 450r to a 08 ds 450 and i'm so gald i did it, the can am only has the parts through the racer program to, i love it the honda doesn't even touch it, the only thing i like about my honda over my can am is the body work but thats about it the can am is a very fast and great handling machine, if i were u i'd cut ur loses but thats just my opinion, i dont race gncc i race motocross so i wouldn't really know how the can am's stack up in the woods eh. but its all up to u.

·
Registered
323 Posts
only thing i like about the 450r is how the power comes on. other than that, the ds is better for me in everything else.

·
Registered
306 Posts
only thing i like about the 450r is how the power comes on. other than that, the ds is better for me in everything else.
x2

If I can get the Ds to pull from bottom & have the mid like the Honda I would be Golden.

I still have both, the ds hands down stock vs stock. Piped & rejetted still the ds. It handles Great & once you get it opened up it goes!

Yet the Honda has many aftermarket parts available so if you are going to re do the whole quad from suspension to motor it will be hard to beat the Honda, in the end. Meaning both will have good points.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts