Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I finally heard from my dealership after almost 4 weeks, and my racer support program parts are in finally. I was so pumped to go get them, but now they're telling me I need to bring in the old ECU in order to pick up the the new one (along with the rest of the parts). I've been told its hiding under the gas tank.

I plan on tackling this job some time through the week, and was wondering if anyone had any tips for removing the gas tank to get to the ECU.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow thats great if its right behind the plastics, that will save allot of time.

My dealer told me that they had to do mine. They have to flash the system to get it to run right after too.
Did everyone you know who has had it done have to get it flashed after? I'm a bit worried now, my dealer told me it was just a plug in and everything works fine. He told me bring my old one in, and he gives me everything and thats it. But they have been really bad to deal with and have been giving me bad information from the start. I would never go back to them if I didn't have to.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
i havent had my ecu reflashed...got a filter, pipe and programmer. runs great.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
well with the race ECU that you get with the racer program, you need to. The tps will be messed up i think. I belive on the instructions they give you, there are some for your dealer to flash the system. I would just ask them about it, and if they say it dosn't need it, call Can-am directly and ask.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well with the race ECU that you get with the racer program, you need to. The tps will be messed up i think. I belive on the instructions they give you, there are some for your dealer to flash the system. I would just ask them about it, and if they say it dosn't need it, call Can-am directly and ask.
Alright thanks. Thats what I'm hearing from everyone, and it makes sense. The dealership I'm with doesn't seem to know their stuff and have been terrible. They tried to give me $650 cash instead of the $1000 parts credit. And said my $500 off the cost of the ATV that they give back to me hasn't arrived yet.

I tried to phone can am yesterday and kept getting a message "can not take your call right now due to our high volume of calls"
I'm going to try again today and see what they say. When I find out direct from can am I'll let everyone know.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
yea you gotta call them the second they open or your screwed...its all the dumbass dealerships calling asking questions hahahaha

·
Registered
234 Posts
So did anybody try to apply for the racer program after they bought the quad? I'm wondering if I can try to get away with this. Only had the quad a couple of months and didn't wait to apply to the program and now I'm kinda pissed cuz I could have gotten all the sweet free stuff that I now will have to buy.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I purchased my 09 a couple of weeks before the race program came out. I applied and I was not accepted. According to what I have heard if I would have waited a couple of weeks I would have easily been accepted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts