Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just the other day my fuel pump quit working on my 08 ds 450. Checked fuses, connections, worn wires all turned out good. But did notice the ar filter had fallen of in the air box, I had just bought the quad used from a friend. Curious if anyone knew anything about it and if they could help me out? Thanks guys

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been reading on here and it seems like it'll either be the pump out or a few people had mentioned that their relays were shot? Do you know anything about that?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
sounds like you just answered your ow question. check em both out since they both have a tendancy to fail.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i dont know much about this whole efi stuff yet but i talked to two dealers today and one said it can't be scanned and the other said they could scan it. I had dropped it off and they just think it's a wiring problem that there just is not any power to the pump. So might be something minor that i had missed when i over looked the wiring harness.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
do you have an aftermarket efi/fmi programmer? maybe a connection is loose in the unit, as those plug in directly to the pump relay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Took it in to the dealer, with out having any wiring diagrams I couldn't go much farther but from reading on here and doing my testing it came down to the fuel pump or the fuel pump relay. It was the relay, like $25 for the relay. So not as bad as a pump which is like $264!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea it wasn't too bad they still got me for an hour of laber, suposedly the diagnostic thing they use to scan it was saying it was both but ended up being just the relay. So it's good to know for the next time I or anyone on here may have that problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts