Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i tried to start my bike today, and it wont start. When i turn the key the fuel pump does not come on. All i hear is a humming sound comming from the 12v square fuses in front of the dash. If i hook the battery charger up the fuel pump turns on. But when i try to start it, it just clicks at the starter relay underneath the battery.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
sounds like a dead battery if u can jump it/trickle charge it but not start it normally. atv batteries only last like a year or so if there like the kragen/autzone ones. the yuasa batteries should last about 4-5 years. do the lights turn on?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Definately sounds like a battery issue to me to. If ya hook up some wires to each terminal and place it on your tongue you'll find out! Just KIDDIING!

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
booster bypasses battery power and supplies its own, i mean you plug it into the wall right? its a little jump started, but when these batteries go out you cant recharge them like a car battery, you gotta replace em, the cores arent big enough....

at least this is what i believe, no expert but jsut goin off experiance here.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i understand that they cant be recharged, but it should start with charger/ booster on it. The only time the fuel pump turns on is when the charger is on it, but it wont crank over. If no charger is on it i hear a ticking/humming noise from the front where the square 12v fuses are.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
oooo oops i thought u meant it started when being hooked up through the fuel pump, but its still not starting just the fuel pump turns on i got it now sorry

shit i dunno then, sounds like a toasted relay between the started and the battery then if everything is turning on except the motor.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
made some progress tonight, charged it for about an hour, battery was pretty dead. I got it to start, but i had to trip the sylenoid under the battery with a screw driver, if i hit the starter button it just clicks at the sylenoid. Tripping it starts it though? Anyone ever had this issue?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
made some progress tonight, charged it for about an hour, battery was pretty dead. I got it to start, but i had to trip the sylenoid under the battery with a screw driver, if i hit the starter button it just clicks at the sylenoid. Tripping it starts it though? Anyone ever had this issue?

I have never heard of that with quads, but i know that is how we start our lawn mower when the ignition craps out lol, so maybe that is your problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts