Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've never ridden a DS 450 and I have always raced and ridden suzuki's. For 2009 season I have a Can-Am offer and was wondering if any of the riders and owners have had any problems with their DS's. I've read in mags that the clutch makes a unidentifiable noise and the od time the tranny miss shifts, but I have learned that stuff that happens in Mags is not always whats happening to owners. Any info would be great!

·
Registered
323 Posts
well, i'm not a racer and barely ride hard, but i haven't had any problems w/ mine. i've never heard the clutch noise since i've rode it. the chain would slap a little, but nothing to worry about. great four wheeler in my opinion. just needs a dasa pipe!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot Robbie. ya, it seems like a pretty solid quad. Can't wait to ride one and see how it is. thanks for all the info and replies on this website too! I was on the Rossier website and they seem to have a pretty solid pipe for the DS

·
Registered
12 Posts
<div align='left'></div>The tranny noise is nothing to worry about, I dealt with it all summer and it comes and goes. The false neutral is a problem if you try to short shift. Only thing to watch is the rear bearings.
[attachment=10:atv_amat..._11_8570.jpg]

Attachments

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh ya. thats alot like the suzuki's with the tranny wine. I haven't personally experienced anything with the LTR transmissions but I know alot of people that have complete lost 3rd. Sounds like the Ds is a mean machine. Still deciding on it but it is looking good. I can understand the short shifting and hitting the false neutral as well. Alot of people are saying ride it like a 2 stroke. They love to rev. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
12 Posts
<div align='left'></div>After riding a built 450r for 4 years that you could bog though corner and still come out with a bunch of power, it was harder to change my riding style. You get use to it. It rides and revs like a 2stroke but has totally different power.

·
Registered
34 Posts
thats cause your riding a stock bike! just do 3 mods to ur bike and its a hole new motor

·
Registered
477 Posts
Yeah i get some the screeching every now and then. Only have problems if i launch hard in 1st it wont slip into second, i always hit neutral, other than that no problems

1 - 9 of 9 Posts