Can-Am DS-450 Forum :: DS450HQ.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys
intend to put an exhaust on my DS450xmx, do you think the full exhaust is worth the extra cash as the header pipe seems to be the same size and follow the same route as existing standard header. Also I intend to fit an FMI unit, what are your thoughts? :icon_idea: anyone????

Cheers mxdownunder

·
Registered
425 Posts
I just have slip on from motoworks, really wakes the bike up a ton! HMF makes awesome full systems and you'll probably feel a little increase in power with the header as well... usually gives the bike even more overrev.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I got a HMF slipon on mine and it woke it up.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
id go with the slip on and invest in a good FMI like the PC3/5. i got the motoworks slip on and motoworks fmi but its kinda limited. if your gunna do more engine mods get the pc3/5. the stock header is pretty stout.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I got a Motoworks complete stainless with the fmi box.......IT ROCKS! on a 2009x mx,but get the quiet core its worth the $35.00 without it the pipe is raunchy...(way loud)

·
Registered
17 Posts
On a dyno test Mr. Horsepower found the FMF slip-on to make 1hp more than the FMF full exhaust. It seems that the stock head pipe works really well. I'm not sure on other brands but I think you'd be better to save the money going with a slip on and get the Fuel controller with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts